Forgiveness

Halsin walked into our tent to ask a simple question only to see me on our bed looking rather upset.

Concerned, he came over to sit down next to me. The bed shifted under his weight while he settled in next to me. I was instantly comforted by his warmth and I found myself leaning on his large shoulder.

Speaking in a soft but gruff voice he asked me, “It appears you’re upset, care to tell me why? Perhaps I can put your mind at ease…”

I fought my tears as I told him," I was looking for you earlier. I've made a big mess of things.  Astarion is furious and won't speak to me and Shadowheart is leaving."

He sighs, his eyes narrowing slightly, his face showing visible frustration
“Damn Astarion! Always getting riled up over nothing. What happened? Why is Shadowheart leaving?”

I groaned out my reply,"Astarion saw Shadowheart kissing me. He mistook it for me betraying us.He wouldn't let me explain myself.  Shadowheart confessed she is in love with me and it is entirely my fault. I believe I've unintentionally led her to believe I felt more than friendship for her. She thinks space and time apart is what is needed. I just feel like I'm losing my best friend, my lover is mad at me and I'm feeling rather sorry for myself."

Halsin moved his arms around me, lifting me to settle me onto his lap. He tilted my chin up to meet his beautiful hazel eyes.His expression softened as he wiped my tears with the pads of his thumbs. He was calm, his rough voice making every word deep and impactful as he told me,“Astarion is simply being a fool. He knows the way you truly feel but he gets blinded by jealousy. I can essily understand how Shadowheart could be in love with you, you are incredible sweetheart. I believe she would understand if you explain you do not see her in that light, only as a good friend.”

I nodded solemnly," We had that talk earlier today already. Am I selfish for not wanting her to leave?"

Halsin moved his hands down to my thighs,squeezing ever so slightly. It sent a thrill through me. He knew how to get my heart racing. I knew he was trying to distract me from my worries. I was unashamed to admit his methods were effective too.I was unable to help squirming in his lap. I could feel how happy he was having me in his arms.

He groaned and had to take a calming breath. The warmth of his hands penetrated through the thin fabric of my pants, making me fantasize about bare skin contact with my large beautiful druid.

He kissed me softly which had me moaning at the feel of his soft lips on mine. He chuckled at my reaction to him.

“My love, you know I'm always going to be on your side. Of course I don't believe you're selfish. You are the most kind hearted woman I know."

I growled in frustration, "How do I get Astarion to let me explain,you know how he is.I absolutely adore him and I know he loves me too. He's just so scared of putting himself in a position of vulnerability. "

I gave Haslin a sweet smile," You've certainly made things easier to manage because you aren't forcing anything on either of us. I appreciate you for that. I just know I need you both. Do you think you could talk to him and maybe get him to talk to me?"

Halsin laughed quietly, seemingly finding this amusing,I definitely didn't share his view.

“ Getting our pale elf to open up about anything is a task. Don’t worry, I got this, my heart.” Halsin reassured me as he lifted me reluctantly from his lap. He settled me back on our bed and  leaned into me to give me another kiss this one more passionate. His hot tongue plunging inside my mouth. He tasted of cinnamon,honey mead and seasoned meat. I didn't want him to stop but I also wanted to see Astarion desperately so I gently pushed on Halsin's big chest to get him to back up.