Five

(Super short chapter alert!)

I woke up the next morning in my cabin. I sat up, holding my head as the room spun around me. Black dots appeared over the room and then it stopped. Strange. I looked around to notice the others asleep in their respective beds as well.

I guess someone found us after we passed out. "Thank god." I stood up slowly and started changing. Once dressed I made my way to the food hall where I met up with Suga. Everything still feels fake. None existent. Unreal.

"You look rough."

"Yeah. Last night was rough. The teachers haven't told everyone about it?"

"Uhmm nope. What happened?"

"Uhh, we all kinda snuck out last night. Past curfew. A lot happened after that-"

"You snu-!"

"Shhh! I don't want everyone to know if they haven't found out yet." I cover Koushi's mouth with my hand. My head ached at the sudden outburst as well. I take my hand off my best friend's mouth and lay my head down. This headache sucks. Suga didn't say anything anymore. He rubbed circles on my back with his hand which felt really nice. I could've fallen asleep if my head wasn't banging against my skull.

After breakfast everyone went back to their cabins, grabbed their bags and made their way to the buses. I didn't spot Semi, Kuroo, or Matsukawa throughout the whole day. I've only seen them this morning, fast asleep. Hopefully they were able to eat something.

We got on the bus and the teachers took roll calls. Once everyone was there we left. Just like that, we said goodbye to camp and our spring break. I can't wait to be home. 

I fell asleep quickly on the bus and for the whole ride home I was deep in sleep. I didn't even realize we arrived back at school till Suga was shaking my shoulder to wake me up. It only felt like 5 minutes. How did 4 hours pass?

I stood up slowly and walked off the bus last with Koushi. Once I got off I immediately spotted my mom. I ran up to her and hugged her. The running was a mistake though. My head started aching again. I closed my eyes shut, tight.

"You alright sweety? You look like you're in pain."

"I'm fine. Just a headache. I didn't get much sleep last night."

My mom smiles and kisses my cheek before engulfing me in another hug. I hugged back. We stayed like that for awhile until I spotted a certain head of short curly black hair.

"Uhh mom. I'll talk later. I gotta ask someone a question first though."

My mom let go and looked in the direction I was looking. "Is he someone you know?"

"Yeah. One of my roommates. I'll catch up soon, ok?" Before my mom could say anything back I separated from her arms and walked over to Matsukawa.  "Mattsun!"

He turns around, revealing 2 adults standing behind him. His parents I assume. "Mattsun?" He asks, almost stunned. I didn't even realize what I said. I've always given my friends nicknames. I guess my brain just decided to give him one as well.

"Oh. sorry. It kind of just slipped out. I won't call you that if you don't want me too. I think it's kinda fitting however-"

"It's fine. What is it you need?"

Did Matsukawa, the most anti-social guy I've ever met, allow me to call him a nickname? I was taken aback before my brain snapped back to the original reason I walked over. I looked over at Mattsuns parents and back at him.

"Can I talk to you privately? Please?"

"Sure?" Mattsun waves bye to his parents before walking to a more private area with me. Once I know we are earshot away from his parents I ask him my question. "How's your head?"

"My head?"

"Your concussion. Remember?"

"Oh yeah. Kind of forgot about that. It feels fine honestly."

Without thinking, again, I reach my hand up to feel the back of his head. I feel around and he's right. There isn't even a bump. Strange. I notice Mattsun looking at me weirdly and I immediately put my hand down. "Sorry."

Mattsun shakes it off before waving at me and slightly jogging to his parents. I stare for a few minutes before my mom returns to my side. "You guys friends?"

"Huh? Oh. I honestly don't know. Maybe we could be. He's pretty chill. Quiet, but chill."
"Hmm." My mom nods. She hugs me from the side again before we walk to her car. My head stopped hurting a few hours later as I was laying in my bed. Some things are still not sitting straight with me. Like how did they find us? We were deep in that cave. How'd they know we were even in there? Also, what was that strange light and those strange colors we saw? It's not adding up.

Before I fell asleep one last thought entered my brain. Is Semi ok?