xChapter 66 - Club Azure (7)

In one of the many break rooms in the employee-only area of Club Azure, Tim-Tom finds himself facing The Arrow of Club Azure, Li-Wei Zhang. The two are silent as they stand there looking at each other.

Tim-Tom's brow furrows while Li-Wei lets out a slight smirk, and just like that the two rush towards one another and throw a fist into each other's face.

Tim-Tom takes a step back while Li-Wei remarks, "It's been a while since we fought, you still remember how I made you try and run away like a bitch?!'

"Run away?" Tim-Tom questions as he delivers a right hook into Li-Wei's cheek, "I was just trying to get some elbow room!"

"Is that so, well that's a shame," Li-Wei begins to say as he slowly but surely moves closer to Tim-Tom, "I'm the Arrow of Club Azure!"

Li-Wei passes by a glass table with an unopened bottle of wine and a corkscrew before he closes the distance with Tim-Tom.

"Once I'm shot out towards my opponent," Li-Wei says as he headbutts Tim-Tom, "I only move forward!"

"Your title isn't even that cool," Tim-Tom says as he delivers an uppercut into Li-Wei's jaw, "When my title is so much cooler! I'm Starlight's Brightest Boxer!"

Li-Wei laughs as he knees Tim-Tom in the stomach before delivering hook after hook into Tim-Tom's face. Tim-Tom keeps stumbling backward until he gets pinned up by the wall.

"What now, you're only good when you're away from your opponent," Li-Wei remarks as he begins to knee Tim-Tom in the groin repeatedly, "You have no idea how to fight someone when they're up close and personal!"

However as Li-Wei goes for his finishing blow, he gets to feel several jabs begin to hit him. As Tim-Tom starts to fight back, Li-Wei tries to get an attack in but he can't. For some reason where before his attacks would have landed; now they can't even get through to him. Not only that but the tempo and how fast he throws his straights and jabs is completely different!

Tim-Tom delivers an overhand hook into Li-Wei's face which sends him stumbling back into the glass table.

"How did you-" Li-Wei begins to ask before getting interrupted.

"I really wanted to save this for a special someone but after you tried copping a feel you left me with no choice," Tim-Tom remarks as he makes a new stance, "I'm using my style."

In boxing, the most common style is the orthodox style where fighters lead with their right fist, however, there's another type of style; the southpaw style. In this form, a fighter leads with their left fist. And as Li-Wei begins to get hit with jab after jab, he starts to realize Tim-Tom can freely interchange between both styles. Orthodox fighters are typically right-handed, and Southpaw fighters are typically left-hand, but those who can perform both styles with ease are ambidextrous.

Only about one percent of the world is ambidextrous, meaning most fighters go their whole lives without fighting someone ambidextrous. So when they eventually do, all of their tricks are completely new to them.

And it's this advantage of being able to perfectly use both hands, that Tim-Tom is exploiting.

As Li-Wei struggles to even get a hit in, he notices something on the glass table.

"Club Azure should really consider...," Tim-Tom remarks as he delivers a straight punch towards Li-Wei, "Tossing aside a dull arrow like yourself!"

However, as he is about to land that punch, Li-Wei catches his hand. And before Tim-Tom can move, he feels a sharp pain in his sides. He looks to see that Li-Wei has stabbed him three times with a corkscrew.