Surprise

upon arriving the entrance to the liyue harbor, the gates is full of millelith and fatui.

Paimon: what happened here!?

Zhongli: i can feel something bad has happened...

Aether: we should ask around a little, just to be safe *looks around*

they then approach one of the fatui named felix.

Felix: you see, the millelith are watching our every move now. these are desperate times, we musn't act rashly

Zhongli: *raise an eyebrow* desperate times?

Felix: the adepti of jueyun karst are finally on the move!

Paimon: ehhh!? p-paimon thought they're gonna do this with cool!? *whisper at aether*

Aether: something's off...

Zhongli: do they intend to exercise force?

Felix: *sigh* most likely. i've heard that some members of the qixing have already gone to meet them... well, i say meet but it's more like they're attempting to stall the adepti outside the city. however, both sides were obstinate, and hit an impasse *shrughs*

Zhongli: hmm. *nod* it seems inevitable, given the current situation.

Felix: there's one particular information that detecting a third party, triggering the adepti to take an action towards qixing, but it still not confirmed yet.

Zhongli: ohh? *squint* a third party, you say?

Felix: i myself didn't know about this third party. but from our intel, he called himself tempest, the shadow of tianquan *i dunno pose*

Zhongli: ...tempest? interesting... by the way, how is the fatui have come under fire?

Aether: they must be plotting something, what else?

Felix: ughh... that's all ningguang's doing. she ordered those millelith to watch over us, the fatui. hah, only now do they want to start keeping a tabs on us? *scoff* that's the qixing for you!

Aether: tempest... never heard of it *looks at paimon*

as he looked at her, paimon just shook her head in response.

a shadow that manipulates the story, plays with the plot. such a person must not have power but... something greater...

Felix: anyway, mr. Zhongli, you're one of master childe's close associates. please understand that your actions will reflect on us. don't let anyone catch you off-guard.

paimon and aether and look at each other as they nodded.

Paimon: is there anything we can do?

Aether: we can't just stand by and watch, can we?

zhongli then looked at aether with a serious expression.

Zhongli: do you intend to use your neutral identity as an intermediary between both sides? or, will you use your sword to turn the balance? *pause* neither path is an easy one...

staring at aether, as if he was reading his soul... what would be aether answer?

will he draw his sword to interfer this chaos...

or, use the power that lies within him to end the source of all trouble.

Felix: ahh, by the way, mr zhongli. we've heard that te wangsheng funeral parlor has also been caught up in all this. they're currently squaring off with the authorities at the gates