1

As the ship started to drift off to sea, you sighed a breath of relief that you were able to escape death once again,

You overheard some older men talking about passing the hunter exam.

'Hunter? What exactly was a hunter... welp that was a future you problem'

"Hey, what's a hunter?"

"Are you serious?! This ship gets you to the hunter exam! You didn't know!!!??"

"NO??"

Everyone turned to your direction,

'Crap- I managed to get on a ship that has an exam. IM NOT EVEN GOOD AT EXAMS!'

You started to sweat profusely as you started to pace around the deck.

"Hey! What's your name! My name's Gon!"

The sudden voice made you break out of your trance when you saw the green haired dude waving to you,

"My names Y/N"

The vibe he gave off was warm and trusting, which made you calm down a little.

"Cool! Let's be friends!"

You smiled at his enthusiastic attitude, he was basically the polar opposite of you, who had a sharp tongue.

The two of you sat down and relaxed for a bit, before you then smelled the humidity in the air, meaning that a storm was coming.

It seemed like Gon was already aware of this and warned the captain about the incoming storm.

You were already dreading this exam.

You decided it was best to go inside to avoid getting wet, when you saw gon closing his eyes and sniffing the air.

"Yep there's going to be a storm, a big one too"

A few people hearing the news went inside the ship in a panic, After a good few minutes passengers started to get sea sick and started throwing up.

You just stood there cringing slightly in disgust.
After taking notice of Gon helping people, two people caught your eye. There was a blonde and some dude who looked like a twig looking calm as ever.

"Hey you four! Get over here and introduce yourselves!"

The four of you stood in a line and stared blankly at eachother,

"My name's Gon! And I want to be a hunter to look for my dad! He left me as a kid so I'm going to be a hunter to see the reason why he left me!"

'Damn what kind of dad leaves you- oh crap it's my turn to say something'

"Uhhhh- I kinda accidentally got here"
'Shit'-