8. Hey, I'm Pissed!

School. School is a place where I can escape my own condescending thoughts. A place where I'm constantly distracted by crazy friends, strict teachers, bitchy girls, an annoying bad boy and a cute football player. However, the last three contenders, I am very much pissed at.

Tyler is someone that has set out to annoy me, which causes me to be eternally pissed at him. Britney, on the other hand, has proven to be a grade A pain in my ass. Now, why am I pissed at Chase, you ask. The same reason I'm pissed at the other two.

Confused? Yeah, me too. Well, I was when I first arrived at school this morning.

***

Calculus is as boring and as complicated as always. I sit in the same seat that Mr Murphy put me in on my first day. I thought the staring had passed. At least it had, until today.

Everyone seems to be looking at me whenever they get the chance. On a number of occasions, I look down just to make sure there isn't a stain on my top. Or to make sure I'm wearing trousers. Thankfully, I am. But the staring doesn't stop.

I was running late to class so I didn't pay attention to it on the way here. But, now I think of it, there was a lot of stares directed my way in the hallway.

While I'm on my way to History, a girl that looks a couple of years younger than me, walks towards me quickly. She looks around, making sure no one has seen her, before turning to me with fearful eyes.

"Don't go to the cafeteria at lunch." She whispers quickly before running away, around the nearest corner. Well, that was odd. And I probably should have taken her warning seriously, however, me being the daredevil that I am, went to the cafeteria.

I spotted Jennifer and Jasmine sat at our usual tables. I wave at them before making my way to the lunch line. Just before I reach it, I get barged to the side, feeling a sense of Déjà vu.

"Oops, sorry." I grit my teeth, being able to recognise that highly irritable voice instantly. Britney does a little giggle, showing her fakeness, making me turn to face her. "Oh! Look who it is! The slut that slept with Chase!" She announces, loud enough for everyone to hear.

I'm unable to say anything, completely shocked by the fact that she knows. And now everyone in the cafeteria knows. I trusted Chase and this is what he does.

"What's wrong? Do you need your little friends to stand up for you?" Britney says bitchily while giggling humourlessly. "Don't worry, darling. I slept with Chase too. Of course, he came back for more with me." The Powerpuff Girls giggle way to loudly at this, getting a glare from Bubbles - I'm sorry, Britney.

What she says hits me hard. Chase hasn't spoken to me at all since Saturday, not even a text. Of course, it's only been two days but a 'Hey' would have been nice.

"You bitch." I spit out at her. It's the only response I can think of right now. My mind is too busy thinking of why Chase would do this.

"What did you call me?" Britney asks with a deadly glare. She takes a step towards me, her long legs (and heals) making her a lot taller than me.

"I called you a bitch!" I repeat, making my tone venomous this time. "You're just jealous because Chase wants me and not you! You offered it to him at the party but who did he turn you down for? That's right, me!" I laugh humourlessly as Britney's demeanour falters.

"I don't even want Chase." She says back half-heartedly, even though it's a clear lie. "He was always too clingy in the relationship. I'd get out while you can." I actually, properly laugh at this. She's clearly lying so she can have Chase back.

As I laugh, I notice the crowd that has now formed around us. All of them are eager to see if I back down to Britney, which I won't.

"Yeah, whatever. Just keep hoping for Chase back because, as long as I'm around, you're not going to get him." I kindly make her aware. Okay, so I more like snarl at her but you get the point.