23. And The Award For The Best Christmas Present Goes To...

Christmas Eve comes around and the girls and I have decided we're going to spend it together. We're going to make Christmas Eve our own personal Christmas. But we agreed weeks ago that we're not going to give each other anything, but I kind of broke that rule.

Jennifer and Jasmine get to my house around noon, in Jennifer's god awful car that I heard coming from down the block, due to the exhaust scraping along the road. They came in with bags of junk food, along with bottles of soda and a bunch of Christmas movies. This is an understated Christmas that I appreciate. I wish the actual day was like this.

"So, what movie first?" Jennifer asks, settling into the bed while I look through the selections available. Just as I'm about to hold up Home Alone, my phone alerts me to a new text.

I pick it up quickly, seeing a new text from Tyler. I become overcome with excitement as I open it.

'She's here.' It reads, causing a huge smile to spread across my face. Both of the girls look up at me like I'm crazy.

"I have a confession to make." I say slowly as they eye me curiously. The both stay silent, gesturing for me to continue. "I got you both Christmas presents." I admit with a sheepish grin.

"What?" They exclaim simultaneously, freaking me out a little bit but the smile remains on my face. "We agreed no gifts." Jennifer adds, giving me a disapproving look.

"I know, but I just wanted to find a way to show you guys how much I appreciate you. You've taken me in and accepted me completely since I've gotten here and I love you guys for it." I explain, giving them pleading looks as I can see their faces softening, glancing at each other before turning back to me.

"Okay." Jasmine nods, smiling widely at me when I squeal with excitement.

I rush over to my bedside cabinet, pulling the draw open and retrieving a large envelope. I hand it over to Jasmine, giving her an encouraging smile as she acts a little intimidated by it.

She opens the envelope slowly, pulling out the single piece of paper inside. Her eyes graze over the paper before she takes a sharp in take of breath, her hand flying to her mouth. Jennifer glances over her shoulder, her reaction almost identical to Jasmine's.

Before I know it, Jasmine jumps up from the bed, throwing her arms around me as she thanks me repeatedly. I got her a one on one class with Jaya Trucco, Jasmine's idol and an amazing hair and makeup artist.

"Okay, Jennifer, your turn." I sigh, rubbing my hands together when Jasmine finally releases me. She looks at me excitedly, which quickly turns to confusion when I tell her to stand up before placing my hands over her eyes.

Jasmine follows us as I guide her down the stairs, taking it slow so she doesn't fall and take me with her. When we get outside, stopping at the front of my house, Jasmine takes a sharp in take of breath.

"Jennifer, meet Beatrice!" I announce as I pull my hands off of her eyes. Sitting outside my house is my convertible Beetle that I had for a year before I moved here.

And, I know what you're all thinking, isn't the steering wheel on the wrong side of the car? No, no it isn't. Beatrice was a gift for my seventeenth birthday. My dad got her before the model was released in the UK, she's American. When I had Beatrice she was black, but, I got her a fresh paint job for Jennifer. She's now a blood red colour.

 She's now a blood red colour