The Circus

An 11-year-old Stolas was asleep in his bed, surrounded by stuffed animals. He wakes up, yawning and smacking his lips before his eyes shoot open in realization. He sits up in excitement, "My birthday, my birthday! It's my birthday!" he leaps out of his sheets and lands on the floor on all fours. He runs off to his dressing room, his arms raised in excitement as an imp butler walks in after him. Stolas gets up to his vanity, "Yaaaay! Birthday, birthday! WOOHOO! Birthday tiiiiime!"

Mister Butler opens a tin of hair gel and begins applying it to Stolas, "Calm yourself, young prince. You know excitement is unbecoming of a Goetia."

"Oh! Right." Stolas takes a deep breath to calm himself. As Mister Butler walks off to retrieve Stolas' vest and cape, returning to put them on him.

"But, Father told me, today is the day, I am old enough to know my purpose and responsibility!" Young Stolas said as his eyes sparkle with glee

"Of course." Mr Butler places a crown on Stolas' head, "I'm sure it will be wonderful."

Stolas follows the butler down a large hallway, the wall lined with four giant pictures of Stolas at different ages, one as an egg, one when he was a baby, one as toddler, and one as the age he is currently at. The doors open in front of them to reveal the throne room. Paimon, Stolas' father, stands up from his throne in a monstrous black demon form. He shifts to display various demonic creatures before transforms into his normal, bird-like self. The butler walks over to Paimon and stands next to him as Stolas approaches his father.

"Ahhhh! There is my little, uh..." Paimon trails off as his son smiles gleefully up at him. He turns and whispers to the butler while pointing at Stolas, "Which son is this one? There's so fucking many."

"Stolas, your highness." Mr Butler said

"Stolas! Yes! Ha! Right, right!" Paimon chuckles, "That's the one! The owl boy." He walks toward his son, leaning toward him and surprising him, "Well, my little one," He stands up and walks around him, "it is finally your day of becoming a true part of the Goetia family. How good for you. Are you ready to know what you'll be meant to do to serve Hell?"

"Yes, father." Young Stolas said

Paimon opens a portal to the cosmos to show the stars along with two comets, "You will be entrusted with the study of the Earth's skies, the stars, the prophecies they hold, all that stuff." he closes the portal and summons a Grimoire, "Isn't that fun? You will begin the studies of your Grimoire, which will grant you access to the mortal realm to study and observe," he levitates the book to Stolas, "and you will grow to be a mighty Prince of Hell, with your own legions to lead and pass on your knowledge to!"

"I will do my best, Father!" Young Stolas said

Paimon leans toward Stolas, "Wonderful! Also, son, you are destined to sire a precautionary addition to the Goetia family, so you are now engaged." he pulls out a picture from his cloak and shows it to Stolas, "Congratulations. Isn't she charming?"

The picture shows a young Stella angrily strangling a dog-like creature with tears falling from its eyes. A second creature has tears flowing as Stella has a foot planted on its head.

Stolas begins crying and turns away from the picture in fear.

"Ohhh! That's an ugly noise, son. Here," Paimon pats his son's head, "how about you cease this bitch crying?"

Stolas starts crying harder.

"Hm, that usually works. Oh, would you like it if I took you to the circus in town? Children enjoy the circus, right?" Paimon pats Stolas' head again, "Would that distract you enough from your non-negotiable future marriage?"