Seeing Stars

"In the great expanse of the nether, there exists boundless amounts of magnificent phenomenon. The great brilliance of an exploding star, the nimble dance of space dust through a nebula. But once every one thousand years, our corner of reality is treated to an incredible sight. From the deep eldritch recesses of the cosmos, the tears of a forgotten colossus begin to fall. Tears made of the hopes and dreams of every living thing that never came to be. Condensed and sent shooting across the night sky in a dazzling final display. What appears to mortal beings as a meteor shower we can see for what it is: Azathoth's Tears." Stolas shows.

A young Octavia giggles, "Daddy, can we go see it someday?"

"Yes, dear. I promise, when the day comes nothing will be able to keep me from being there with you. Good night, my Owlette." Stolas said

The young owl yawns, "Good night!" she turns, wiggling and giggling in her bed.

..............

Octavia, still looking happy, gets out of bed and circles a drawing in a calendar. The starfall is "today". She hops down the hallway as she puts on her boot, "Hey, dad!" She looked in the kitchen only to find Ezra in the kitchen, "Hey Octavia." Ezra waved

"Hey, have you seen my dad?" Octavia asked

"I think he might be outside with my mom, why?" Ezra asked

"Well he's supposed to take me to see the stars tonight." Octavia said

"Really? My mom's supposed to take me as well. Let's go ask them together." Ezra said and together they go look for their parents.

They see the foyer door open, hearing his voice coming from outside, "Yes, I know!" Stolas exclaims as he was outside and on the phone with Stella, squeezing a servant in his other hand as imps we're loading items into a van, "It will be there, shortly. Of course they're being careful!"

"Dad, what's going on?" Octavia asks as she walks over.

"Apparently, your mother can't exist somewhere for two minutes without the entirety of her possessions-" Stolas is cut off as Stella could be heard yelling something incomprehensibly in response, "What? No! I'm not turning her against you-Yes, Stella!"

"-never have to see your fucking face again!" Stella yelled through the phone

"Dad?" Octavia asks as Stella continues yelling incomprehensibly, "This is going to be done before tonight, right?"

"What? Oh. I hardly think so. Knowing your mother, this will take all weekend." Stolas turns to the imps loading the car, "Don't be gentle about it, now! Break whatever you have to to get it all in there. And please be gentle with Violet's things. They're fragile."

"What?! What did you just tell them to do?!" Stella yelled

"Let me help you with that." Violet said as she grabs a box from them

"But, tonight was supposed to-" Ezra is interrupted

"Darling, can we not talk about this now?" Violet asked as she loaded more of Stella's things

"Your mother's being a real B-I-T-C-H." Stolas said

"The fuck do you mean-"

"Well, how was I supposed to know you can spell?! I've never seen you read!" Stolas said as he walked away from them

"I'm going to take everything! Everything you own!"

Out of frustration, Octavia and Ezra go to their rooms. Ezra grabs his things and he and Octavia leave the mansion.

.....................

Knives fly past in the I.M.P. office as Blitzø looks nervous, "Loona, honey, wait just a-shit!" he runs backwards as Loona runs forwards, looking pissed, "Loonie, please, can we talk-" the officer's water dispenser is thrown his way and hits him in the face, "FUCK! Uh, I mean, wow! Good throw, honey! I-I'm so proud of youuuuu!"