1.17

I wake up and bring a hand to my head. It's pounding. I manage to stand up, everything's in pain. If only I had managed to realize what was going on, I could've put a shield around the building. No one would have died. Everything would have been fine.

Firemen begin to run into the room, carrying out injured people. One man comes over to me and asks me if I'm alright, and I just wave him off with a flick of my wrist.

After a bit I manage to find Nat outside.

"Oh my gosh y/n! Are you ok?" She says running over to me and engulfing me in a hug.

"I'm fine just a little banged up. How about you?"

"I'm ok. Come over here there's something you gotta see." She leads me over to a small tv set up inside of a window to shop, set to the news.

"Breaking news, A bomb hidden in a news van, ripped through the UN building in Vienna. More than 70 people have been injured. At least 12 are dead, including Wakandas King T'Chaka."

"Oh my god." I say, my mouth gaped open at the news that T'Chaka had died.

"Officials have released a video of a suspect, who they have identified as James Buchanan Barnes."

"What the hell? My dads with Steve in London right now. There's no way he could've done that, he hasn't been under HYDRA's control for years!"

"Something's obviously up, I think its time for us to go to work." Nat begins to walk away, I try to jog to catch up with her. We walk to the UN building, where there are tents, fire trucks, and police cars everywhere, A fire still ablaze in the building. My eyes search the crowd around the building until they fall upon one specific person. T'Challa.

Nat and I walk to the bench next to the one where he sits. "I'm very sorry." I say, on the brink of tears myself.

"In my culture, death is not the end. It's more of a stepping off point. You reach out with both hands and Bast and Sekhmet, they lead you into the green veldt, where you can run forever."

"That sounds very peaceful." Nat says into a condoling tone.

"My father thought so." T'Challa says, slipping his fathers ring, which he had been fiddling with onto his finger. "I am not my father."

"T'Challa, task force will decide who brings in Barnes." T'Challa stands up. "Don't bother Ms. Romanoff. I'll kill him myself."

Before he can walk away, "Hold on a minute here. This is my father we are talking about here. This wasn't him. And no one is killing him. I'll make sure of it myself." I say give him a death stare, not breaking eye contact.

"You are powerful, Ms. Barnes, but not more so than vengeance and revenge." He doesn't give me the chance to say anything before he walks away, not turning back.

Suddenly, Nat gets a phone call. "Yeah?" She put the call on speaker so I can hear. "Are you and y/n alright?" It's Steve. "Uh, yeah. Thanks. We got lucky." Her eyes begin to search the crowd of people, clearly looking for Steve. I begin to do the same.

I spot Steve about 60 feet away from us, wearing a jacket, hat, and sunglasses. Not a very good disguise. I nudge Nat on the shoulder and nod my head in the direction of Steve. He hasn't seen us luckily, yet.

"Do you know where Barnes is?"

"We were together at the funeral, then you guys left, then he eft to go get us some food, and he never came back. Shit." He says finally connecting the dots.

"Look, I know how much Barnes means to you and y/n, I really do. Stay home. You'll only make this worse. For all of us. Please."

"Are you saying you'll arrest me?"