1.18

Y/n pov

"Now you'll be provided with a office, rather than a cell. Do me a favor stay in it?" Deputy Ross stated.

"I don't intend on going anywhere." T' Challa's voice thick with a Wakandan accent.

"For the record this is what making things worse looks like." Natasha approaches us. "Why are you here y/n? I thought you were going to get your dad?"

"Yeah well the German special opps had other plans." I sigh.

"Try not to break anything while we fix this."

"Consequences? You'll bet there'll be consequences. Obviously you can quote me on that cause I just said it. Anything else? Thank you, sir." Tony hangs up the phone.

"Consequences?"

"Secretary wants both of you prosecuted. Y/n you're being cut a little slack cause of the accords, but you're walking on a thin tight rope here."

I nod.

"I'm not getting that shield back am I?"

"Technically its the governments property." Nat pops up.

"Wings, too." Sam gives her the death stare of all death stares.

"That's cold."

"Warmer than jail!"

                                                                                           \_/_\_/_\_/
I finally look up from my spot on the table as a video of my dad in his cell begins to play.

"Hello Mr.Barnes. I've been sent by the United Nations to evaluate you. Do you mind if I sit?" The man gets no response, so he sits down an continues. "Your first name is James?" No response once again, "I'm not here to judge you. Just to ask a few questions. Do you know where you are, James?" No response, yet again. "I can't help you if you don't talk to me, James."

"My name is Bucky." My dad finally croaks out. The man evaluating him sighs happily, relieved he is finally getting somewhere.

"Why would the task force release this photo to begin with?" Steve asks, gesturing to the photo on the table of my dad at the UN, forcing me to peal my gaze away from the screen, where my dad was being evaluated.

"Get the word out. Involve as many eyes as they can." I respond.

"Right. It's a good way to flush a guy out of hiding. Set off a bomb, get your picture taken. Get seven billion people looking for the Winter Soldier when he's been right here the whole time."

"Steve something seems off about the guy questioning him." I say.

"It's fine y/n. He was sent by the UN."

I don't say anything else, but I can't help but wonder what is so off about this guy. I mean he seems normal enough.

Everything seems to be going fine, then the man stands up and all the lights go out.

"Screw this i'm going in there."

-----

(3rd person pov)

"You fear that if you open your mouth the horrors might never stop." He pauses and presses something on his laptop.

"Don't worry. We only have to talk about one."

Right as the man finishes his sentence, y/n busts through the doors, into the room where her dad is being held.

"I don't know who you are or what you want, but get the hell away from my dad."