Chapter 1- I Hope

The War
Eric Mabin's Pov

I've been hauled down and I have no strength yet. I wheeze for clean air and yet when I thought I would die at the stab of Mia Deubel's sword. I watch Adira gaurd as she stands upon me. I close my eyes and when I open them once again, I notice my body leaned against a wall. A palace wall.

It was intriguingly brisk. As if I teleported. I cough a gush of blood from my mouth. And my chest is filled with agony. I am terribly exhausted and my body is paralyzed with exhaustion. My vision is blurry. It is the most sick that I felt in a while.

A few minutes later, I get shocked when I see Damien by my side. I squint my eyes to see if it truly is him. Yes, it is.

"Woah." I say, shooked.

Damien looked me in the eye as if I done something horribly wrong. I mean he is probably not wrong. "Why are you here?" He pauses. "What business do you have here?"

I look at him weirdly. Will he not just kill me? "To fight. My business here, is to fight." I turn to observe the war.

"Why?" Damien to turned his head.

At this point im confused. "What?" I watch him, study the war.

"Why?" he turns his head to me. "Why are you fighting against us?"

"I thought you had known." I look down to my wound and grunt as I grip it in pain. Its the best way to stop the blood. I hope.

"What?" I spot him take a quick glance at my wound.

I look up to the foggy grey sky. "Your mother is the one who basically started this heck of a war."

"My mother knows nothing. She is absolutely horrendous." he then raised his hand over my stomach.

I watch as he closes his eyes and starts to somehow heal my wound. I am amazed by his actions and move my hand to give him a free of space. All that is left is the blood on my armor and a fixed wound.

"To be honest." I pause. "Your my favorite out of your team."

He grins. "Thanks. I appreciate it, bud."

For a few minutes we stare at the war. Adira is tearing almost everyone apart.

"Are you going to make peace with your friend over there?" I carefully watch Adira as she moves amazingly around the battlefield.

I can sense Damien watching me. "What do you mean?"

"I mean. You are the only one who can make peace with her." I clench my fists tightly.

"Me?" he points to himself.

I turn to him and nod.

"Me.." he turns away as he mumbles to himself.

------------

We hear some sort of ruckus and watch as everyone freezes. Damien helps me up and we swiftly amble our way to the army. As we squeeze through, we can hear many gasps and when we finally reach the front of the crowd.

We stare at a dead queen's body. At this moment I felt some sort of relief. I share a quick glance with Adira. Her holding the sword that drips of Charlene's blood sort of makes me proud. All of a sudden a loud bang could be heard from the Palace.

We all watch Adira fall to her knees and blood roll down the side of her face. My heart starts to beat rapidly. Too fast. Now too slow. Then fast again. I close my eyes for some hope. Did it help?

------------

9 Years Ago

I lay upon the green hill and watch the sun as it sets. Its so beautiful. So, magnificent. I feel a shock softly touch my leg. I turn my head to my little brother.

He does not admire the sunset. Instead, he admires his hands. I mean, I guess we are still young. I smile softly at him.

He looks at me. One eyebrow up and the other down. "What is wrong with you?"

"What? I am just admiring my little brother." I look at his hands.

He turns with his eyes siding at me. "Last time I checked, you were busy romanticizing the sunset."

My eyes are wide. "Romanticizing is a big word there bud."

"Yes, you are right. For a fact, I know that you will never find love." he says proudly.

I hit is leg. "Axel!"

"Ow!" he groans.

"You know. You should be suprised that I still identify you as my brother." he crosses his arms.

I look at him as if he is stupid. I mean, he is. "Because I am your brother. Idiot."

I spot him roll his eyes at me. I turn back to admire the sun's last few minutes.

To be honest, my brother is not that bad. Atleast he still cares for me. I hope.