Chapter 2- Pure Darkness

3 Years Later

I watch Axel help my youngest brother up upon his two little feet. Only a year old and my mother had already found him a marriage partner. He is adorable.

He stolen my hazel brown eyes and dark shiny hair. A younger version of me? Certainly Axel is not satisfied of that. I sigh as I turn my head to look out the window.

Observing the smoke flowing rapidly out the village chimneys and watching the children chase each other through the kingdom streets until they were eventually lost was something I'd do every morning and night.

Watching a village longing for a great king to exist in their time. A king who has faith in his people and will do whatever it takes to protect his kingdom.

My father once told me that, that king is supposedly me. But why me? Why not them? Why not Axel? Why not my youngest brother? I turn to look at my infant brother, deep in his eyes.

Alexander they named him. A boy with no purpose but to marry. Marry for his family's well-being. Marry without his permission.

I turn to Axel and watch him once again support Alexander as he stands.

Atleast he is free. As a middle brother, he can explore the world. Choose who he wants his partner to be. Lucky.

"Eric, look!" I quickly click out my trance and watch Axel holding the hands of a standing little minion.

I admire this moment. I adore it. "Amazing."
"Mother should know of this."

My little grin makes Alexander's cheeks flush red with happiness. If he does get married, I can tell Axel and I are going to miss very much.

But it's only the beginning of his chapter. My chapter started long before them two and mother did worse things than a marriage partner.

I close my eyes in pure darkness..

6 Years Later
The War

I open my eyes, Adira is still on the ground. My heart beats even faster than before and my vision becomes blinding. I hear Adira's name. I hear it said in a fragile tone.

Im dizzy and I am stumbling over. I dont feel Damien by my side. Now I'm just an abandoned dog waiting for help. I cant speak. I cant call for help.

Sometimes I just wish I could go back in time and stay home for my main purpose. To be a king. I never wished to be here. I never wanted to do this. Why am I here? Why was I brought here? Tell me. Tell me now.

Why?
Why?
Why??
Why? Why?
Why?
Tell me.
Why?

My eyes close in pure darkness..

4 Years Earlier

I sense it is the early evening. The chill breeze flows through the room and up my shivering spine. I am sure that I saw Axel shake a bit.

"Your brother will be heading to The University of Magic next year." my mother's stare gives both Axel and I chills.

"Therefore you can choose whether or not you want to join him. If not I shall send you to your uncle."

I look at Axel. I so much want him to come but at the same time I do not want him to come. He is irritating but at the same time entertaining. I do not want to enter a school I barely know of alone.

His eyes are sided at me. He looks back at my mother. "Which uncle do you speak of?"

My mother takes a sip of tea. "Your father's brother. Uncle Merlin."

"Oh." he turns to me. "And what of Alexander?"

I watch him look down. He is scared. He is scared to make the wrong decision.

"He shall stay with me. As always." mother responds with a grin.

"Fine. Ill go with Uncle Merlin." it did not take him a second to say that.

I wish I could say wow but that would tell him that I am going to miss him. But it is true. I should miss him. I will miss him. I shall miss him.

"I'll send word to him as soon as possible." my mothers stands up and leaves the room.

I stare at the table with something called dissatisfaction. My fingers play with each other. Its the only thing that can keep me focused.

"Eric?" my brother grabs my attention.

"Im sorry." I feel his hand upon my shoulder.

"Why should you apologize dear brother? Your choice is your future." I smile softly at him.

My chair pushes backwards with my force. I get up and stop by the door. My hand is layed on the door frame to feel the cold cement.

I sigh. "Dear brother.. What would I do with out your little irritating voice." I walk out with a sense of him staring at me from behind.

What would I do without him?

3 Hours Later

Its finally dark. My room is dark. The outside is dark. All I spot from my windows. Is the bright lanterns in the city, the smoke from house chimneys and the gathering of people together, singing.

How do they enjoy this? Why do they enjoy this? This life style of living. We live in a palace but they live in smaller homes. Why is it unfair?

They love each other's presence. But.. That is what it is all about, right? . Love.

A knock makes me turn to the door. "You may enter." I say as I light a nearby candle with a matchstick.

Axel. I sense Axel's presence. "Hey." he stands there completely frozen.

"Yes?" I stand up and walk to light the other candles upon my desk and shelves.

"I wanted to ask you something. Concerning your powers.." he falls on my bed.

I turn to him confused. "Powers?" I pause. "You should not be asking me anything about my powers because I have none."

"Is that why mother is sending you to The University of Magic? To summon them?" he instantly replies.

"Probably.." I continue lighting the last two candles. "Or.. I dont know actually." I freeze.

"I dont want you to leave.." he groans whilst planting his face into my pillow.

"Well that is what being the oldest sibling is about Axel. Responsibility." I grin. "One of these days, you too are going to learn it."

"I-dont-want-to-though.." he continues groaning in the pillow. I place the match down.

"You are going to have to." I walk up to him and touch his hair softly.

Feeling the softness, the moisture in his dark hair. I sit down beside him and look up. My roof is painted of a thousand stars perhaps more. Each one holds hope or desires or dreams of mine.

I want them all to come true. But that all depends on fate. Fate is my hope, my desire, my dream.

I close my eyes in pure darkness..