xChapter 68 - Club Azure (9)

Earlier that day as the sun was setting, Ronnie Everst was holding onto Tim-Tom as he and the other members of The Three Ts rode their motorcycles to Burrito Bistro.

"So, how strong is your dad?" Ronnie yells over the wind.

"Oh you mean Jerry Pitt?" Tim-Tom questions, "To be honest he's a tricky opponent. Mainly because of his fighting style."

"What do you mean?" Ronnie asks.

"He's a grappler. If he manages to grab onto you, then you're as good as dead," Tim-Tom explains before adding, "If you plan on being the one to fight him, you better know what you're doing!"

"Oh relax," Ronnie chuckles, "I bet I can take him on."

___________________

That's what Ronnie thought, but as he stands in the CEO of Club Azure's office -- looking at Jerry approaching him after he broke his desk in half -- He begins to question if fighting this guy by himself really was a good idea. I mean he's had years of fighting experience and-

"Hey," Jerry remarks as he goes for a right hook on Ronnie, "You think you can just sit there daydreaming?"

Jerry delivers several jabs across Ronnie's upper body as he continues, "This is a fight. If you don't fight back then you'll fall."

Though as Jerry goes for another jab, Ronnie rushes towards Jerry and delivers him a headbutt. Jerry stumbles back and tries to regain his composure.

"I don't like to be the one to start a fight," Ronnie explains, "Because I prefer being the one to end it!"

Despite gaining confidence in his abilities, Ronnie is still wary of facing Jerry Pitt head-on. Mainly because despite Tim-Tom claiming his fighting style was similar to a grappler, he's only been striking him so far. But still, there is one thing Ronnie is able to do to even the odds.

And that's by using the tapes he found, the ones his father and a friend of his recorded about how to fight, and putting those lessons to use.

The first lesson he decides to use; rile up the opponent.

"You talk a big game about this other much better MSA," Ronnie retorts, "Yet if they were so great, then how come they aren't around anymore? Guess they were just weak."

"Don't make such snide remarks about the past, especially if you don't know it," Jerry remarks.

"Yeah sorry, maybe you could try explaining it to me," Ronnie jokes, "Though I don't think I'd be able to focus due to how bright that bald head of yours is."

Jerry's fists begin to shake.

"I mean, seriously, your bald head is so shiny, I bet when you drive you don't even need the headlights," Ronnie jokes.

Jerry grits his teeth.

Ronnie teases, "But hey, not gonna lie to have that physique at your age is impressive. What are you, 65? 72? Because no way you were a teen in the 90s. You look like you've been dealing drugs since the Renaissance-"

"You've run your mouth for long enough boy!" Jerry roars as finally rage consumes him.

Jerry sends a right hook toward Ronnie's face, but Ronnie manages to not only dodge the attack but counter it by slamming his elbow into Jerry's chin. The only reason he was able to do so was because he made him angry.

The angrier an opponent gets, the more irrational they get and the less they focus on protecting themself. And it's this lesson Ronnie is putting to use as he delivers a punch into Jerry's stomach.