𝐒𝐀𝐌

═════════⋆★⋆════════
𝙎𝙏𝘼𝙏𝙄𝘾

═════════⋆★⋆════════𝙎𝙏𝘼𝙏𝙄𝘾

Marie's disbelieving voice cut through the tension in the room, her eyes darting between Andre and the tracker data. "Let me get this right, out of all people, you went to Emma and Storm without consulting the rest of us? Now we can't even find them."

Cate's anger was palpable as she directed her frustration squarely at Andre. "What were you thinking? You should've run this plan by the group. Now we're in the dark."

Tensions in the room reached a boiling point, and if glares could cause harm, Andre would be in serious trouble.

The sound of everyone's phones pinging drew their attention. Jordan, frustrated and still puzzled by their static ranking, exclaimed, "The rankings are out! I'm still in 5th place. Andre's first, and Marie's second...and there's been no change." Jordan ran a hand over their face, struggling to comprehend the situation. With Storm missing and Brinks dead, they were all in deep trouble.

"We don't even know who's in on it. Whats next we need a green van and a talking dog," Jordan snapped, walking towards Andre, their frustration evident.

"You sound a lot like Storm when you speak like that," Andre remarked, raising an eyebrow. Jordan's expression fell as soon as he made that comparison, the reminder of their missing friend weighing heavily on them.

I paced around the dimly lit room, frustration gnawing at me. My eyes darted from Emma to Sam, who were locked in an intense stare, their connection appearing to be deeper than any words could express. I ran a hand through my hair, noticing that it had turned completely white, evidence of the stress of recent events.

"Sam, do you think there's any spare clothing in here?" I asked, walking toward him. He gestured toward a pile of shirts, and I quickly changed out of my blood-soaked clothes into something fresh.

I glanced outside, noticing that it was early in the morning. I walked over to Emma, snapping her out of her trance. "We've got to get out of here before it gets too late. It'll be obvious that we were involved if we aren't on campus," I urged her. She nodded in agreement before hugging Sam. I smiled at him, giving him a thumbs up, to which he responded in kind.

Emma and I moved swiftly through the campus halls, our attire leaving much to be desired—no pants and shirts that barely covered our modesty. Emma unlocked her dorm room door, and as we entered, we were taken aback by the scene before us. Marie and Jordan were engaged in an intense conversation, their focus diverted by our abrupt entrance. I made a mental note to remember this intriguing moment.

"Are we interrupting something?" I asked, standing in the doorway, watching the two of them. Their shocked expressions betrayed their surprise at our unexpected arrival. Marie rushed over to hug Emma, leaving me standing there awkwardly.

Jordan walked over to me, pulling me into a warm embrace. "I was so worried about you. Don't do that again," He said, pressing a kiss to my temple. I glanced back at Emma and Marie, who watched us with evident confusion, prompting me to make a face in their direction. I then turned my attention to Jordan.

"Put some shorts on or something. You can't be walking around letting everyone see what's mine," He teased, i pushed his body away from me and grabbing a pair of Emma's sweatpants.

Emma, still worried, chimed in. "Sam is going after Dr. Cardosa. We have to stop him."

Jordan confessed, "He used to work with Brink. I know where he lives."

I couldn't resist a sarcastic remark. "Of course, Brink's biggest fan knows that information." Jordan rolled his eyes at me and left the room, presumably to fetch Andre and Cate.

As soon as we arrived at the scene, it was evident that Sam had already been there, leaving destruction in his wake as he cornered Dr. Cardosa.

"Sam, let us help you!" Emma pleaded, gently attempting to approach him. Sam, however, appeared to be in a state of inner turmoil, repeatedly hitting his head in an attempt to deny the reality before him.

"You're all just puppets," he muttered, seemingly trying to convince himself that we were mere figments of his imagination. I stepped forward, trying to assist him.

"Sam, let us help you, just like last time," I said, gently rubbing circles into his palm, hoping to offer him comfort. Jordan noticed my action, agitation growing as she watched the scene unfold.

"The hell is his problem?" Andre muttered aloud, earning a disapproving look from the rest of us. Sam's frustration boiled over, and he pushed me away forcefully, sending me sprawling across the room. I groaned from the impact, muttering to myself, "It's never not me getting hurt first."

Marie prepared to cut her palm open, but Emma intervened, stopping her. Sam's anger escalated, and he hurled Andre against the wall. Marie attempted to subdue him with her blood manipulation, but Sam's strength proved too much, and he broke free, sending her tumbling across the room.

I rushed to Sam in an attempt to distract him from the others. I grasped his head and gently brought my palms toward it, trying to control the electrical impulses in his brain to calm him. It seemed to be working initially, but suddenly, he found a burst of energy and hurled me toward Jordan.

As Sam's attack hurtled toward me, I prepared for the impact, fearing the collision. However, Jordan swiftly caught me,  she changed into her male form absorbing the force of the impact. My relief was palpable, and I looked at him in gratitude.

My astonishment grew as I shifted my gaze to Emma, who was displaying a different, more powerful side of herself than her usual small self. With extraordinary strength, she threw Sam out of the house, pinning him down forcefully. His struggles eventually subsided under her unwavering control.

"Let us help you," Emma said with newfound confidence, her voice carrying a sense of determination and support.

I awoke to the feeling of a firm arm wrapped around me, providing a sense of comfort and protection. Turning over, I found myself face to face with....