𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐎𝐅𝐅𝐈𝐂𝐄

═════════⋆★⋆════════
𝙎𝙏𝘼𝙏𝙄𝘾

═════════⋆★⋆════════We were met with a sad-looking Cate

We were met with a sad-looking Cate. I walked up to her, my anger boiling over as I couldn't contain my frustration. Without hesitation, I slapped her across the face, the sharp sting resonating through the tense atmosphere.

"You had no right... just because you're feeling shitty doesn't mean the rest of us have to," I shouted at her, my voice dripping with resentment. But before I could unleash more of my fury, I felt strong arms wrapping around me, pulling me back from the edge.

"Hey, Storm, calm down," Andre said, his voice a soothing balm to my raging emotions, yet it couldn't quell the turmoil completely.

"Are you out of your freaking mind? Calm down? After what she made me relive, I'll be damned if she gets away with this," I protested, struggling to free myself from Andre's grasp. I glanced over at Jordan with pleading eyes, silently begging her to understand my pain. She approached us, releasing me from Andre's hold, and I practically collapsed into her embrace as my legs gave way.

"It's okay, Shema," she whispered, cradling me in her arms. The sound of my name on her lips brought a sense of calm, and I sighed, finding solace in her presence. The assurance was unspoken but clear—it was going to be all right.

As I sat uncomfortably in the booth, my mind replayed the painful memories that Cate had forced me to relive. I felt myself zoning out, lost in the depths of my torment, until I felt Jordan's comforting touch on my thigh. I took a deep breath, offering her a weak smile before discreetly intertwining our fingers under the table.

Cate approached our table, her presence sending ripples of tension through the air. The atmosphere was charged with uncertainty as she spoke, her words hanging in the air like an unspoken threat.

"Shetty can't meet right now," she announced, taking a seat in the booth beside Andre. I stared at her with a blank expression, confusion etching lines on our faces.

"What the hell do you mean she can't meet right now?" Jordan questioned, her voice laced with hostility as she probed Cate's true intentions. Cate visibly recoiled, unprepared for the confrontational tone in Jordan's voice.

"She's in the city; she'll be back later..." Cate's response was vague, leaving us with more questions than answers.

"So what are we going to do now then?"Marie's question hung heavy in the air, echoing the unspoken concerns of everyone in the room.

"I'll wait for her at her house and make her confess everything,"Cate said, I chuckled at Cate's suggestion, though her naivety was clear, given what she had done.

Cate, a fucking liar in our eyes, must have been blind to believe we'd trust her words. I couldn't help but think about doing more than just slapping her next time.

"I'll go with her," Andre interjected, trying to mediate the situation. Cate, in response, wore a puzzled expression at our collective disbelief.

"No, I'm going alone."

Jordan had a sudden realization and transformed back into his male form. "Stay out of our damn heads, and maybe we'll trust you," he snapped before storming out. I followed after him, leaving Cate with pleading eyes.

"Stare at someone else like that, not me," I mumbled as I walked out of the dinner, finding Jordan standing by the side of it, visibly agitated and running his hands through his hair.

"Hey, idiot! You didn't have to storm out like that; that's my job, not yours," I teased as I approached Jordan.

"She was reading our thoughts, Storm!" He half-shouted, frustration evident in his voice. I closed my eyes, trying to pacify him instead of getting annoyed.

"I'm not making excuses for her, and you have to stop switching into a dude whenever you want to make a point to us," I said, grabbing his arm and forcing him to look at me.

"Fine."

"Fine."

We exchanged annoyed glances before breaking into awkward laughter, and Jordan's smile softened my irritation. He gently lifted my chin, drawing my face toward his, and we shared a soft, passionate kiss. We parted, both of us grinning.

"I liked that," I confessed to him. He hummed in response still holding onto my chin before coming to realisation of something,

"I'm Shetty's Ta i can enter her office" He said smiling in realisation, i ponder at the thought then remembered,

"Then what?You think they're going to believe the weird black girl and the bi gender asain?" i questioned him, laughing at my own joke, i looked at the wall causing me to smirk at something,

"But i think i know someone who will.But we're going to need more help"

Me and Jordan's mission to expose Shetty's dark took a treacherous turn as we entered her ominous office. The room was dimly lit, casting eerie shadows across the stacks of old papers and antique furniture. It was the heart of the school's darkest secrets.

hearts raced as they scoured the room for any evidence that could link Shetty to her malevolent plans to harm the students. They knew that time was of the essence, and they had to find something before it was too late.

As we meticulously searched for clues, the tension in the room grew unbearable. Footsteps approached the door, and panic set in. Storm and Jordan had to act quickly to avoid being discovered.

Jordan sighed in disappointment as she viewed the screen in front of her, access denied displayed clearly as they slumped back into their seat.

I take no notice and search the a file cabinet, until I come across one, seemingly out of place. The blue among the red. "What's that?" Jordan looked up, curious.

"I have no idea..." I flipped the page, in attempts to understand. "All this weird stuff about some plane crash, transoceanic flight 37.." Muttering the last part to myself.

"Oh yeah I remember that," they leaned closer behind my seat, still reading. "Terrorists, right?"

"Yeah, that's what they said." I flipped through the pages some more, but then stopped, face morphing to one of shock. "Oh my gosh, look," Pointing at the names in the page. "Shetty/Lily, aged 11, Shetty/Paul, aged 46."

Jordan and I looked at each other, acknowledging what this meant, Jordan being the first to speak. "Her family was in the plane..." As we started to look at another stack of images, Dr. Cardosa walked in. Drunk?

"Shetty, Shetty, Shetty..." he muttered, staggering around the office. "You want me to increase the viral infection rate... right?" Seemingly in disbelief at his own words.

"Kill them all, she said.." He continued to stagger forward, taking a sip of his drink and sighing. "She wants me to sign my own death certificate." There was a long silence, until something caught his attention. I bit my lip and held my breath as he walked closer the the desk.

He took a large gulp of the whiskey that sat on the counter and looked at it for a little. Shrugging, he unzipped his flyer and decided to urinate in the bottle. Seemingly proud of himself, he pointed at it and smirked, "How about to take you take a long drink of that?"

He dramatically spun around, slapping his red documents on the desk and spat in disgust, "You fucking cunt." And with that he left.

Jordan let out a long sigh and I visibly relaxed, still crouching underneath the table. "What did he say about the infection rate?" I asked Jordan, visibly confused and that shocking revelation. All she could do was shrug.

"I'm not liking the sound of things."

═════════⋆★⋆════════