Chapter 1: Midoriya Izuku; Origin

Authors Notes:
So the power in this story is based off of the aura guardians in the Pokémon anime. I'm not gonna be one to one accurate to the lore cause this isn't a crossover, but the idea of having izuku be able to manipulate aura came from watching Pokémon Lucario and the Mystery of Mew.

I've actually had this idea bouncing around in my head for awhile, but I only recently started writing it out cause of a random Reddit thread that inspired me to flesh out the idea.

I haven't written anything in awhile so I'm happy to take any constructive criticism, but go easy on me, I am a bit rusty.

Regarding tags, I think I'm going to add more as they become relevant to my story, but the plan currently is to get to Eri's arc And bakugou WILL be receiving consequences once we get to UA.

Anywho, I hope you enjoy the story!

_____________________________

CHAPTER 1: HOPE

All men are not created equal..

Izuku Midoriya learned that cruel lesson at the young age of four when his hopes of developing a quirk like his best friend were crushed by seven harsh words.

"I'm sorry kid, it's not gonna happen."

The doctor had been callous, uncaring about crushing a little boy's dream, but Izuku would be fine as long as his mum still believed in him and Kacchan still wanted to be heroes with him; after all, theirs were the only opinions that mattered to him.

She didn't, all his mum could do was hug him and apologise.

He didn't, Kacchan was so angry when he found out Izuku was quirkless.

Nobody believed he could be a hero without a quirk, but he couldn't let that stop him! He'd keep trying to become a hero, he'd prove to his mum and Kacchan that he could do it, he'd just have to work really hard!

Then maybe his mum would stop giving him sad looks every time he wrote in his 'Hero Analysis For The Future' books.

Then maybe Kacchan would stop hitting him and calling him useless...

________________________________

Izuku was nothing if not determined. He constantly wrote in his journals, writing down hero facts that might help him in the future, absorbing anything quirk related that he could get his hands on.

At five years old he probably had the reading and writing capabilities of a kid twice his age, even if his writing was super messy and he still spoke with an adorable lisp from his missing teeth. Kacchan didn't mean to knock them out, they were already loose and he was just playing a little rough.

At five and half he already had three whole journals filled out, of course a good third of the entries were about All Might, but it was still impressive none the less. If only his mum thought so too and didn't look so sad when he talked about becoming a hero. She probably didn't think he'd noticed, but he did. He'd started writing in his journals in his room so he wouldn't make her sad anymore, which was what he was currently doing.

Izuku had a fresh journal in front of him and a new quirk documentary loaded up on his computer. The documentary was supposed to go over the timeline of quirks, starting in the pre-quirk era and then ending with the present day.

He was so excited!!

Izuku loved reading and watching things about the pre-quirk era, it was so cool seeing what people without quirks were able to do back then. Back when quirkless didn't mean useless...