Chapter 11: Crossing the Line

So here we are, chapter 11 and we've finally reached canon!

A LOT happens this chapter. I didn't actually realise how much had happened until I read through it.

Also, I need to read through my chapters more thoroughly. I went back through chapter four and saw so many tense errors . Autocorrect is constantly trying to correct past tense to present tense like the little bastard that it is and it looks like it managed to slip a few corrections through that I hadn't noticed.

Anywho, buckle up, cause this one's a doozy.

_______________________________

With ten months left until he was finally able to take the UA Entrance Exam, Izuku's whole life essentially evolved around training both his aura and his body.

He had skimmed through the many chapters of the aura guide book to try and find a short cut, anything that could help him use his aura more effectively in time for the exam. At the rate he was improving, there was no way he'd be able to use his aura in the exam so he needed to find a work around.

After a week of searching, he had ended up finding two options that could work.

One was to learn how to channel his aura into a weapon, making it stronger and thus allowing it to do more damage. This technique focused more on control than power so it was a definite possibility, however in order to bring a weapon into the exam he'd have to apply for permission to use it and if he was denied then he'd be back to square one.

There was always the chance that he could find something in the exam site to use as a weapon so he felt like it was still worth learning. The exact details of the exam were hard to find online, but the common consensus was that the exam took place in a cityscape so that meant he could possibly find a pipe or something to use.

That still involved leaving things up to chance though, which wasn't something Izuku was willing to do, so that left Izuku with the other option he'd found - Clear Quartz Crystals

According to the aura guide, crystals could be used to store aura in order to have a small reserve on hand for emergencies, with clear quartz being able to store more aura than any other crystals.

Apparently this technique was commonly used by healers in order to have enough aura to heal their patients, but for Izuku? It would be a nice little cheat in order to be able to start learning how to use more advanced techniques while his aura was still growing.

He had used some of his savings to buy a bracelet with chunky clear quartz crystals on a reinforced string. With almost two dozen crystals strung together, Izuku was confident he'd be able to store enough aura to do something.

Which was what he was currently doing.

Sat at the back of class, Izuku had one hand covering his bracelet while he channeled some aura into the crystals. Just a small amount.

He had been building up his little reserve of aura for the past few days and only half the crystals were full, glowing a bright blue.

So focused on his task, he had completely zoned out from what his teacher was saying... until he heard his name.

"-Midoriya, don't you want to apply to UA too?"

Oh jeez.

The entire class burst into laughter, even his teacher was chuckling as he looked at his clipboard. They all laughed at him, saying that there was no way he could get in without a quirk.

He could try and defend himself, after all UA was the only hero course that accepted quirkless students, but what was the point? They'd take anything he'd say and use it as another reason to mock him. The only way to prove them wrong was to get in.