Chapter 14

Tae's mind was still in disarray when Jungkook pulled up near a shop. He doesn't know what magic it is but his legs were following Kook like it was under a spell.

Kook ordered some drinks before heading upstairs, Tae following closely behind. Yes, Tae's mind was a complete mess. It's not just from the kiss. It's the whole Jungkook ordeal that's driving him crazy.

And he needs answers as to why Jungkook is behaving suicidal. Tae wants to know whether the blood follow Kook or Kook follows the blood. Every single time he sees him, Kook has new wounds on his body. And Tae was feeling this new thing, that he couldn't name it yet. But he was burning for some answers.

Kook led him to a terrace on the second floor where the neatly arranged round tables and chairs were placed.. some kind of a rooftop restaurant with strings of fairy lights making the place looks straight out of a movie. There was no one else besides them and this inturn made the environment, very romantic.

Kook sat in one of the chair and gestured for Tae to sit on the other side of the table, which Tae did without a word, like an obedient kid. But once he sat, once his mind cleared, his countenance took a turn.

Tae met Kook's eyes, "why are you like this Jungkook?"

Jungkook, on the other end, didn't shy away from meeting Tae's eyes either as he replied, "What are you asking about? The kiss?"

"Kiss? Dude! I am asking about the fight!" Tae felt helpless as he stood up abruptly, "why are you like this? I don't know what kind of shit you are going through. But I am sure, the way you are dealing with... is completely wrong"

Before Tae could talk some more, a waiter came upstairs with drinks and placed it on the table before going back down. Tae scanned the drinks for a minute before Kook started to talk.

"Why don't we talk about......"

"No. I don't want to talk about anything else. Tell me something... what is it that's making you this much suicidal?" Tae didn't let Kook talk, as he rained his questions on him.

Kook's eyes suddenly turned downcast and he lazily leaned forward to pour himself a drink with a sigh. Tae followed his every movement before saying, "Jungkook, I know you are not a bad guy. Then why am I finding you with new wounds every other weekends?"

It was hard to tell whether Kook is listening or not. He just casually took sip after sip while staring into nothingness. This careless attitude made Tae even more angrier.

In a frustration, he shot his hand out and grabbed the glass from Kook's hand. He was about to take a sip when Kook stood up and stopped his hand in place.

"You ordered a fucking fruit juice for me? What do you think I am? 10 years old? Let go!" Tae tried to pry his hands away from Kook.

"OK OK!" Kook raised both his hands in surrender. And that, calmed Tae. He placed the glass on the table and crossed his arms as if he was waiting for Kook to speak. Kook doesn't have to know that Tae's heart just did a flip inside his chest because of how Kook stopped him from drinking Alcohol. But he still put on a facade to make Kook talk.

Jungkook felt caged as he struggled to name the things he feels inside. It's because, before Tae, no one had ever dared to pry into Kook's life. Let alone ask him to voice how he feels. Even Jin would just assume whatever he wants to.. about Kook's feelings.

Kook walked away from Tae a couple of steps, to stare at the far mountains on the other side as he started to talk, "my dad... he.." Kook heaved a sigh before completing the sentence, "he is not my biological dad"