Chapter 16 - Cammy

"Cammy

"Cammy." He says softly, I don't care if he doesn't feel the same, but I had to tell him how I feel. He said all the right things without me breathing a word. I know who he is, a leader, a soldier, a fighter, a protector. I know with him on my side I'm safe, but I hate to drag him into my battles.

Jimmy didn't care. I had dealt with loan sharks whilst he was still alive and he didn't care, just left me with false promises of paying me back. But Mike, he stands by what he believes, by who he is. And I never thought I would be so lucky but to be in the arms of such a man.

"It's ok if you..." he presses his fingers to my lips before I can finish

"I'm in love with you too Cammy. I knew it the first time I had to leave you, but I wasn't sure you'd be ready." He smiles

"However I'm not letting a discussion over our feelings distract from the fact that I've come home to find out you've been MIA and you have a head wound no one seems to know about." He says firmly

"I know I shouldn't keep it to myself, I know you would help me, I know Scarlett would help me, but ever since I was old enough to make myself cereal I've done everything I can to only depend on myself." I sigh

"I understand Cammy, I'm not mad at you, although you may need a punishment later." He winks easing the tension in my shoulders and I laugh

"But I'm here, I'm in love with you and that means that you don't struggle alone, we're a team." He assures me. He leans forward and gently presses his lips to my forehead

"Did some one hurt you baby?" He asks and I nod. I see the fire rise in his eyes, but he takes a breath and composes his features

"Do you know who they are?" He asks and I nod again

"Was it some one from the club? Because Scarlett would never allow that." He says and I shake my head

"No, it's nothing to do with Scars, but Scarlett does know a little about it. Let me explain." I sigh as he takes my hands in his.

*

"I know, I know, we'll be there in an hour." Mike says into his cellphone as he paces my living room. I told him everything, I didn't leave out a single detail of my interactions with the loan shark looking to clear Jimmys debts and escape the Broken Demons territory, after I borrowed money from Mikes sister to pay him the first time. I told him about every loan shark Jimmy borrowed money from, who came to me for payment. About all the bills I couldn't pay because I was paying for Jimmys gambling addiction.

I watched as Mike fought to keep his composure and I didn't flinch when he cursed Jimmy out, or muttered to himself about one of his men behaving in such a way. And when he held me, once it was all out there, I finally let my walls down, let myself feel vulnerable and yet so safe in his arms.

Then he called his sister. His phone was not on speaker, but I heard how unhappy Scarlett was that I was in trouble and I hadn't come to her, I hope she can forgive me and understand why after borrowing so much already, I couldn't ask for more. Let's just say I don't feel so safe now, awaiting the wrath of Mikes sister, also my boss.