Chapter 26: Sonic's Discovery and Getaway

(Third Person POV)

Sleep was restless, and nightmares grew. Sonic was worried about Mario, Peach, and his family. He just wanted to go back home where everything made sense. Where the turtles weren't cruel, where the animals didn't try to harm you, or where the plants tried to kill him! He desperately just wanted to get out of this hellish situation. He wake up to the sound of Ethan the crimson Wisps' voice to hear him singing a soft melody.

I'd rather be
Free, free, free
Free, free, free...
From here...

Sonic slowly gets up and joins Ethan next to the small couch in the parlor room. Picking the wisp up and holding him in his arms that are now covered in bandages.

"Yeah. I wanna be free too. Mom and Luigi already tried but failed a bunch. I'm probably the only one fast enough to get out of this place. But I need more evidence. What did that note say?" Sonic said.

Ethan looked concerned about the hedgehog.

"Sonic, you really wanna take the risk?" He asked.

"Yes, even if it kills me." Sonic replied.

"Okay. But first..."

Ethan pulls out a handmade bag from under the giant royal bed.

"You're gonna need this. I last saw the four Chaos Emeralds in Kamek's potion room so you gotta be sneaky." Ethan informed.

Sonic takes the bag and stuff the music box he found, his birth mom's ring bands, and he takes off the bandages, gloves, and shoes and stuffs them in the bag. He knew there wasn't any room for the sword so here had to be a scabbard lying around in Bowser's room somewhere. Before he could even go and sneak out, they hear Bowser singing "Peaches" again at six in the morning no less! The singing made Sonic cover his ears since the lyrics were disgusting to hear. Maddie and Luigi covered their ears too.

"Ugh! He's been singing that song for two hours! How can he keep going?!" Luigi complained.

"I swear he's louder every morning!" Maddie adds.

"Hang on I'll talk to him. Maybe I can distract him long enough for Sonic to grab the emeralds. I did see Kamek talking to Eggman earlier." Ethan said.

"Sounds like a plan! After that I'll find more clues in Bowser's room."

~~~

Rubbing his eyes, Ethan floats to the throne room. Fed up with Bowser's singing, the wisp busts the door open despite being so small.

"HEY! Shut up! Half of us are still sleeping!" Ethan whined.

Angered, Bowser huffed in response to Ethan.

"Ethan..... you disrupted my fantasy..." Bowser growled.

"I don't care about your sick fantasies, dude! Me and Sonic are trying to get some sleep and you singing is annoying us all... and disgusting us too."

Not turning to even look at the Wisp, Bowser slams the piano cover shut.

"Listen garden gnome, I don't care about your sleep or Sonic's. What I do care is that he'll become my child so I can revive the promise I made with my last love. Just as long as he doesn't figure out the truth, I won't have to use force." Bowser said.