BLACKOUT

***

       After the absolute disaster that was saving Kira from Barrow's electrifying clutches and discovering that she technically didn't need saving at all since she herself was electrifying, they ended up in the Sheriff's station having to explain that mess to Agent McCall, which was another mess entirely. On their way home, Jake had needed to stop at his house to get the things he'd neglected earlier which led to him telling Stiles about his mother's visit and what happened at Derek's loft.

        Thankfully, the following day was far less eventful and nothing life-threatening occurred during school. With everyone in much higher spirits, they considered themselves entitled to five minutes of peace before the last minute blacklight party that night and split up to their own devices.

        Scott and Kira went to hang out, Lydia chose to relax at home since she was still reeling from her somewhat echo-locating abilities, Allison and Isaac retreated to her place to discuss the 'shadow' attack, and Jake and Stiles went back to the latter's house.

       More than ready to have some time to themselves, Stiles tossed his backpack on the floor once they got to his room and as soon as Jake did the same, he lightly pushed him against the closed door and sealed their lips together to stifle the sound of surprise.

       Stiles backed them up toward his bed by dragging Jake with him by the hips while they made out and they nearly tripped over their forgotten backpacks in the process, taking a second to laugh into the partially broken kiss from the stumble before resuming.

       When Jake lightly pushed Stiles flat onto his back on his bed, Stiles had to admit it was the hottest move he had the pleasure of witnessing at least semi-frequently. He allowed himself to stare in awe until Jake joined him, snapping out of it to reach a hand to the back of his neck to pull him down for another kiss.

        Stiles had no control over the slightly embarrassing sound that slipped into their parted lips at the brush of contact he felt when Jake straddled his waist with practiced ease. The shock to his system, more accurately identified as the strain in his jeans, was enough to get him to release his grip on Jake's hair to drop both hands to his hips.

       Just as eager to spend their rare alone time like this instead of regularly hanging out, Jake had easily taken the lead since what they wanted was clear. The sound Stiles made at the change in position had him laughing softly into the kiss, feeling smug despite the fact that he hadn't meant to rock against him when straddling him. He certainly wasn't complaining, although he might start if Stiles continued to sit up like he was currently doing.

       "Oh, okay—" Stiles aborted the attempt to make it easier on Jake when the hand on his chest pushed him to lie back again and Jake leaned down to kiss him first. Stiles's hands slipped under his shirt to rest on his bare skin and he shifted to trail kisses down his neck instead of his mouth. "How are you so hot?" he asked rhetorically, his fingers lightly digging into Jake's skin as he rolled his hips down for him to feel that shock again.

        The reaction was instant, and Jake couldn't muffle the breathy gasp that escaped him at the consequence of Stiles's guidance. His train of thought took a second to kick back into gear and remind him what he'd been about to say. "You still act surprised when we end up here," he smiled teasing while briefly letting his eyes slip closed.

       "Well, maybe I am," Stiles hummed between gently sucking on the skin at the junction of his collarbone and shoulder to leave a mark or two. 

       While Jake wasn't against hickies by a long shot, he did have to change in front of his teammates and preferred to avoid the teasing that followed those kinds of bruises. That was a lesson he learned not too long ago and had to retaliate by smacking Ramirez with a towel.