Chapter 2 : Didnt Want To Hear

((It's four in the morning and I'm writing with a sucker in my mouth for energy with a reed diffuser on my bedside. Whoo late night shenanigans))

Vox:

Vox woke up to Valentino awake and on the phone. Last night, Val woke up in the middle of the night. The two got drunk and drunkenly apologized to each other over the fight over food. The few times when Valentino would apologize for his actions. Vox supposed Valentino sleeping while he gamed allowed him to not need to more sleep at 2 in the morning. They both passed out at 4 in the morning. Vox looked at the clock, 10 a.m. 6 hours should be sufficient sleep, right?

Vox looked at Valentino, who was yelling at someone while on call. There were bags under the moth demon's eyes. How much sleep did he get? Obviously, not enough. Vox just listened in on the conversation. "WHAT DO YOU MEAN ANGEL DUST IS IN THE FUCKING HOSPITAL, HE HAS A SHOW TODAY!!" Valentino yelled. There was a pause in which he heard a murmur of speech from the phone. "I swear to Lucifer... Whatever goodbye. Tell Angel he better get healed quickly." Valentino growled under his breath. The harshly ended the call, looking to Vox.

"When did you wake up, Val?" Vox asked the tall demon.

Valentino sighed, "Six." Vox was baffled, two hours of sleep, no wonder he looked like he could pass out any second. Vox went up and hugged Valentino, who leaned against him. "I got called that one of my camera people quit, then someone else demanded a vacation, which so much fuckin attitude. Now Angel Dust is in the fuckin hospital with a bullet wound. This day is fuckin terrible." Val complained about his morning. Vox nodded to Val. A terrible morning, Vox could tell. Vox then got an idea.

"Fake sick day for you?" Vox advised. Val nodded to Vox while Vox pulled out his phone. "Go get some sleep, baby, I'll call you out of work." Vox comforted his lover. Val waddled into bed as Vox called Valentino out. He gave the excuse of a food poisoning suddenly hitting the moth overlord, that 'Valentino threw up.' That it was the 'Mexican food' that in reality they never had in the first place. As expected, Vox made it sound very legitimate, with Val even helping the cause by groaning in 'pain'. The call ended and Vox gave Val a kiss before getting ready for his day.

Vox had a meeting with Lucifer, the king of Hell. He wasn't fond of this at all. He hated having meetings with people who were more powerful than him. He doesn't get to boss around or snap back too much. Made him feel weaker, an underling. He had too much pride for that shit. When he got to the building, he took a deep breath, pushing his fucked up thoughts, and walked in like everything was fine and dandy. He walked to the meeting room and sat down, Lucifer already sat down.

"Vox" Lucifer said flatly, unamused.

"Lucifer." Vox stated coldly. "Let's make this quick, Val is ill, and I'd rather not leave him alone too long, so he doesn't throw up on my bedsheets." Vox was good at keeping a lie up. He was a great liar and can be extremely manipulative. He was using the excuse to keep up the story and to quicken this unwanted interaction.

"Gladly, you see I noticed you are trying to make a new brand of hell phone. I want to state to stay out. My apple hell phones are simply superior to whatever shit you can make." Lucifer got straight to the point.

Vox snorted, causing Lucifer to glare at the TV demon. "Please, you gave your phones a cheap-ass name. Apple? So creative for an apple lover. I'm a hundred percent sure I'd make a better hell phone." Vox couldn't help but be snarky to the king. Vox ran most of the technology-based companies in the pride ring.

"Then let me make myself clear. Stay of my territory. I will gladly expose everything wrong about your relationship with Valentino. Not like anybody couldn't tell you two are always a loss cause. You hold on to the wrong things, Vox. Valentino is one of them. He gets bored easily, he's a pimp, he fucks people daily. I doubt he cares about you. Who would care or love you anyway? All you're good for is your tech shit and maybe to fuck. He probably uses up your money like you're his sugar daddy even though he's got a fuck ton of money. The reasons for you guys breaking up are getting stupider and stupider. I can tell it's going to be over soon. Don't back off the hell phones, and I'll ruin whatever joy you have and rip whatever fire is holding your fuckin relationship with that bug apart." Lucifer went up, pressing on all his insecurities about his relationship.

Vox goes completely silent, what was he supposed to say. He looked at his hands, fidgeting. "Whatever, I'll back off." he mumbles. Vox gets up, leaving. He was aware that Lucifer won the conversation, but he didn't care enough. He exited the building, finding a limo waiting. He got in, finding a note neatly on the seat. He sat down, looking at the note. "𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓵𝓲𝓶𝓸 𝓲𝓼 𝓸𝓷 𝓶𝓮 𝓸𝓴𝓲. 𝓦𝓱𝓮𝓷 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓰𝓮𝓽 𝓱𝓸𝓶𝓮 𝓘 𝓰𝓸𝓽 𝓺𝓾𝓲𝓽𝓮 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓼𝓽𝓸𝓻𝔂 𝓽𝓸 𝓽𝓮𝓵𝓵 𝓸𝓿𝓮𝓻 𝓶𝔂 𝓵𝓮𝓯𝓽𝓸𝓿𝓮𝓻 𝓟𝓪𝓲 𝓣𝓱𝓪𝓲 𝓶𝓸𝓸𝓭𝓵𝓮𝓼. 𝓜𝓲𝓵𝓭 𝓳𝓾𝓼𝓽 𝓵𝓲𝓴𝓮 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓵𝓲𝓴𝓮 𝓮𝓶 :). 𝓑𝓮𝓼𝓽 𝓹𝓪𝓻𝓽 𝓲𝓼 𝓘 𝓾𝓼𝓮𝓭  𝓶𝔂 𝓶𝓸𝓷𝓮𝔂 𝓸𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓶. 𝓘 𝓴𝓷𝓸𝔀 𝓶𝓮𝓮𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰𝓼 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓪𝓹𝓹𝓵𝓮 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓭 𝓹𝓲𝓼𝓼𝓮𝓼 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓸𝓯𝓯. -𝓥𝓪𝓵".

Vox smiled at it, he loved when Valentino would do this type of stuff. Actually seemed to care, and he adored his handwriting. Vox couldn't get over what Lucifer said, though, about ready to cry as the limo drove him home.