5. #insufferable

Neža's POV

That same night, I found myself in Ljubljana's biggest club with my two best friends. I was determined to have a good time, we had my finished first draft of my thesis to celebrate, but maybe most prominently on my mind, I wanted to forget about today.

What happened earlier may have slightly impacted the amount I had to drink so far. I couldn't stop thinking about what happened. It was nearly impossible to get the images of Bojan showing up at my work like some stalker out of my head, no matter how hard I tried, which definitely impacted my ability to celebrate why we were actually here. The shots helped, with each round of shots we ordered, the memories seemed to fade and I was able to live in the now. After the fourth round of shots I lost count. We were getting louder with each round and the vibes only got better as well. There were a couple of guys that joined us, buying round after round.

After the three of us excused ourselves and went to the bathroom together Julija pulled us along to the dance floor. It was for the best that we didn't head back to the bar. I was still fine to be on my feet, but I don't know if that'd still be the case after a couple of more drinks. The alcohol was definitely catching up to us. We were having a great time, our bodies moved to the music. And for the first time tonight, I didn't catch myself thinking about Bojan.

We must've been on the dance floor for nearly two hours before we walked back to the bar for another drink. We were lucky enough a group of people left when we arrived so we could sit at the bar. We ordered 3 vodka sodas and chatted away. "Sorry, we didn't order these." I said to the bartender when he put down three more drinks while ours were still half full.

"This guy has paid for them." The bartender said and pointed to the other side of the bar where I unmistakably saw Bojan's despicable face. I grabbed the drink the bartender put in front of me before getting off the bar stool and striding towards my former classmate.

"Got your drink." I snapped, not aware my voice was slurring a bit from the alcohol I had consumed, before putting the glass down rather roughly, causing a little bit of it to spill over the bar, my hand, and his shirt.

"What the fuck Neža?!" Bojan shouted, causing multiple people to turn their head in our direction.

"Yeah Bojan. What the fuck?!" I shouted back at him. "Can't you leave me alone for a day?"

"Calm down Než. I'm not the bad guy here. Can't I even buy you a drink to thank you for earlier?"

"No, I don't want anything to do with you! How can I make myself any clearer?" I groaned, suppressing the urge to just dump the entire drink on him. It'd serve him well. And it'd definitely make me feel better. It'd be so incredibly satisfying to see his shirt soaked, to see the liquid dripping from his hair. Just thinking about it made the urge so much greater ...but I needed to be the bigger person here, which wasn't hard if the other person acted like a literal spoiled child. On my way back to my friends I was stopped by a hand tightly holding on to my wrist. This fucking guy...

"Let go of me!" I shouted and roughly pulled my arm back to free myself from his grasp. Bojan stumbled back, into a girl who fell over because of him.

Before I knew it, I felt another hand grab me, this time around my upper arm. The hand was bigger than Bojan's, I didn't need to be sober to realise that. "Alright you two, time for you to go." An unfamiliar deep voice said. I turned my head to see a bouncer not only grabbing my arm, but Bojan's as well. Both Bojan's and my mouth opened to protest, but the bouncer pushed us forward the moment he noticed. "We're gonna go outside nice and quiet. And if you two won't be nice and quiet, you won't be allowed back in here for a long time."

I groaned and glared at Bojan as I accepted my defeat and headed outside. "Are you happy now Bojan? You ruined my day, so you had to ruin my night too?"