7. #comeandgetit

Neža's POV

Out of nowhere, Bojan Cvje-fucking-tićanin emerged from the crowd. "My turn." He said with a sick smirk on his face.

I had seen Bojan enter Jure's apartment earlier, followed by a few others, one of whom I recognised as Martin. I knew they were going to be here now that Jure had agreed to help them in the creative process of their album. I was convinced it wouldn't matter. That each of us had learned from what happened and we could continue to coexist by pretending the other doesn't exist. Clearly Bojan didn't share the same idea.

I groaned and shot an annoyed look at my beer pong partner. "Get back in line Bojan. You can't come barging in here and demand to play right away."

"Oh but that's where you're wrong, Než." Bojan said, that same smirk I wanted to wipe from his face was still there as he was repeatedly throwing the pingpong ball in the air and catching it. "You see, I've been waiting here for quite a while."

I rolled my eyes and handed the pingpong ball I was holding to my partner. "Since you don't have a partner, you can play him." I said and was about to walk away when Bojan's voice was heard over the music once again.

"I have one." Bojan said and turned around. "Janči! C'mere, it's our turn." He said to someone and within a few seconds, Bojan was joined by a taller man, his dark long hair was up in a manbun. "Or if you're too scared to go up against us you can just admit you are."

I scoffed and turned around to face the two men. "Oh you can have it Cvjetićanin." I said and took one of the pingpong balls and threw it in one of the cups in front of the two men on the other side of the table. "Drink up, Bojan." I laughed, watching him squint his eyes as the liquor burned his throat.

It didn't surprise me that Bojan was a subpar beer pong player, average at best. Out of ten shots, he probably managed to throw four successfully. What did surprise me, and more so annoyed, was that Bojan's friend was some sort of beer pong genius who didn't miss a single shot, which is how we ended up with one cup on our side while Bojan and his friend still had three.

Bojan's stupid smirk only had grown since the start of the game. I groaned as I missed my presumably final shot, the combination of my annoyance regarding this entire situation and the alcohol in my body getting the better of me and preventing me from at least getting some final satisfaction with our presumably last game of the night.

Bojan's friend, who I still only knew by 'Janči', picked up the ping pong ball and threw it into our last remaining cup. "Well played." I said, more to Janči than to Bojan, as without the friend we for sure would've won the game.  My partner and I downed the rest of the drinks on the table before moving away from the table so a new team could face the new winners, but stopped once I heard Bojan's voice.

"Where's that attitude now, Než?"

I turned around to see Bojan with a smug smirk plastered on his face, all alone, his beerpong champion friend had disappeared as mysteriously as he appeared. "Oh please Bojan." I laughed, which came out more like a huff of air. "Don't pretend your contribution had anything to do with you guys winning."

"Sounds like someone is a soar loser, kitten."

"What did you just call me?" I nearly growled as I stormed towards him until he was backed up against the wall. Somehow that same old smug look was still plastered on his face.

"Oh? You didn't hear me?" Bojan hummed in amusement. "I thought cats were supposed to have flawless hearing, kitten."

I felt my blood starting to boil. I hated how easy it was for him to get on my nerves. I wish I could just walk away, leave him and his pathetic self alone and just move on to catch up with some people I hadn't seen in a long time. But instead I stayed exactly where I was, just centimeters away from Bojan. I groaned and threw my head back.  "Can't you just leave me be? For one night?"

"There's not really anywhere to go, is there?" Bojan replied and gestured towards our current situation. Before I knew it, Bojan had grabbed my arm and spun us around so that I was now the one with my back against the wall, trapped there by Bojan's body in front of me. "See? Nowhere I could've gone." Bojan continued.

My eyes almost instantly found its away to Bojan's hands, which still held a firm grip on my upper arms. I looked up to meet his gaze, our eyes met for a brief moment. His eyes were a dark brown, making it nearly impossible to tell his pupil apart from his iris. And damn, it should be a crime for any guy to have natural lashes this long while us girls were out there struggling with mascara and fake lashes. Bojan was the first to look away, so I quickly did the same. Not that there was really anything else to look at, Bojan pretty took up my entire peripheral vision standing this close to me.

The movements of his chest told me he was breathing heavily. In fact, I could feel his breath on my skin. Looking back up I couldn't help but linger on his lips. The things that I'd

KLENG

The moment I heard the glass shattered I was snapped out of whatever trance I was trapped in, out of the tension between us that stopped me from making any effort to walk away from this situation. Now fully back to my senses I looked at where someone had knocked over a picture frame right next to us and quickly pushed Bojan away and dropped to my knees to pick up all the glass shards that were now scattered around the floor. I couldn't really be mad at whoever knocked over the frame. I needed that snap back to reality. It was just a moment of weakness, which must've been caused by the amount of alcohol I drank finally catching up with me. 

· · ───── ·𖥸· ───── · ·