10. DARK

SAPPHIRE

Next morning, Bella told me that she had to go out of town for two days. She had advised me not to leave the house in the dark and if there was anything wrong, I should call her as soon as possible.

After she left, I took a long bath, prepared lunch for me and then decided to spend the rest of the day curled up on my bed and read a book that I found in Bella's library.

I lost my interest in the book within half an hour of reading it and for the first time in ages, I found myself succumbing to sleep at this time of the day. Since I started living with Bella, I wasn't having nightmares anymore and that really had a positive effect on my sleep cycle.

Boy, was I wrong.

"Sapphire." A voice whispered and my eyes shot open. I wasn't in the same room anymore. I was in a jungle, with trees all around me. There was darkness as far as I could see.

The voice called my name again and I turned around, only to meet with deadening silence and bone-chilling darkness.

"Wh... Who is there?" My voice trembled, as I tried to find my way in between the woods. I walked, and walked, and walked, but at the end, I returned to the same spot where I started walking. My whole body was shaking in terror but I felt hopeless. There was nothing I could do.

"Sapphire." The voice called again but this time, it was different than all the other times. This time, I could easily describe that voice as a deep, masculine one. For the first time, I could identify the gender of the speaker.

Suddenly, I felt a tap on my shoulder that made me gasp in fright. Immediately, I turned around and found two familiar, blue, piercing eyes staring into mine. I lowered my gaze and observed the royal nose, the thin lips and the sharp, angular jaw.

I knew the person who had these same features but I wasn't sure.

I wanted this dream to continue some more, I wanted to ask him who he was and why he was doing that but before I could, the dream ended and I woke up, drenched in sweat and panting hard.

I closed my eyes, hoping his face would appear in front of my eyes again but it didn't, much to my disappointment. There were so many questions in my mind, so many mysteries waiting to be solved.

And there was only one person who could answer that.

The person with hair darker than night and eyes bluer than the ocean.

Atticus West.

°°°°°

I downloaded the direction to the West Mansion through Google maps and after wearing a jacket over my dress, I made my way to that rented car. A part of me was stopping me from going to that place but the other part of me, the part that was tired of those dreams, urged me to go. Bracing myself, I started the car and started following the direction.

As I drove further, the houses turned into trees and the voices of people changed into frightening silence. Thankfully, I was wearing the jacket because the wind in the outskirts of that town was really chilled.

If I thought the place were Bella lived was scary, I was wrong. As I was nearing closer to the jungle, the roads were darkening, even though there were still two hours before sunset. I have been driving for almost an hour but the map still showed that the mansion was half an hour away.

I didn't even know what I would do even if I find him. Was I going to ask him why I was seeing him in my dreams? He would laugh at my face or worse, throw me to his guards. But I guess I should have thought about this before starting the drive. There was no point in getting double minded now.