27. HELPER

BELLA

I needed to save Sapphire, I owed this to her. But I couldn't do this alone so I had to take advantage of the family I hate the most. The Wests.

For an hour now, I was waiting outside the jungle in my car. Any minute now, they would pass by this road. Knowing Grace West, she must have already found Sapphire's location because as much as I hate to admit, she was a much more powerful witch than me.

The hour extended to two hours and then three. I was on the verge of giving up when the familiar black shiny car came driving through the cleared path made in jungle.

I let it move far from me so they won't doubt my presence. Once I was at enough distance, I started my car and followed them.

They were driving towards the populous part of the town. There was a large possibility that they didn't know about Sapphire's absence yet and they weren't leading me anywhere but I had to take a leap of faith. After all, I couldn't find Sapphire on my own. Even my Aunt refused to help me because apparently, any association with Sapphire Denver can create trouble in their perfect little life. Fucking pathetic.

I kept driving behind them to the market and once they crossed it, they continued driving forwards to another wild jungle. It was between Raven Hills and our neighbouring town Timothy Hills and I have heard that part of woods is mostly inhabited by hunters and killers like Connor.

The roads once again started to become deserted. The sun was about to set and being just few meters away from this crazy family was making me anxious.

My anxiety peaked when their car suddenly stopped. I did the same and leaned down in my seat to hide myself from them. Once the car stopped, both Atticus and Grace left the car. They were looking around for something; maybe the place where Sapphire was captured. But I was proven wrong when their eyes fixated on my car and with confident steps, both of them started walking towards me.

I shrunk more in my seat and told myself to be calm. Maybe they were walking towards someone else. Maybe they don't remember my face and I can lie that I was just passing by.

The former assumption proved wrong when they stopped in front of my car and Grace moved to my side. She knocked on the window glass, asking me to slide the glass down.

"Open it, Bella." she said. Unwillingly, I had to do it because there was no other way now.

"Yes," I whispered and prepared myself to fight her with my meagre magical skills.

"Why were you following us?" she asked and the look on her face told me that she knew all along. Of course, she knew. What did I think?

Sighing, I opened the door and stepped out of my car. "I wanted to reach Sapphire, that's why."

"And you couldn't do it on your own?" she said in her taunting voice.

"Look, she is my friend and I want to save her. And I know you two don't want Connor to use her too. So instead of fighting, we should join hands for the next few hours." I said, trying to be smarter than I was. I know I was going to regret this decision sooner or later.

"I say kill her." Atticus' blank voice reached my ears. He looked uninterested in me, as if I was just a hurdle in his path. "She is just a nuisance."

"And you're just a waste of sperm." I said and earned his infamous glare that told me that he won't hesitate before cutting me in half.

"Let's not waste our time, shall we?" Grace interrupted. "I think we can use some help." she said and motioned me to follow them.

Rolling my eyes, I went back to the car and continued following them deeper into the jungle, with the darkness on the road increasing.