The Letter

"Where did you zone out to?" Rena said 

"Yeah let's check it out," Marinette said and went to open the note.

"Wait girl, I am the journalist here, there are some rules for note detection you know," judging by Marinette's clueless expression, she went on. "Just let the experts handle it."

Rena Fertive took the note, carried it to Adrien's desk, and switched on the desk lamp, concentrating it on the note. "Rule one - look at the note in light," Alya said 

"Now let's finally open the note." She said excitedly.

Everybody grew quiet. Tikki stopped eating her macaroon, It was so quiet, that you could hear a pin drop, but the only thing audible was Plagg eating...what?

"Plagg how did you get that piece of brie, or wait, is that camembert?" Ladybug said 

"Sorry, it was kept in a drawer I was searching, couldn't resist, Sorry," he said again

"Plagg!" All of the people (and kwami) shrieked at him. "That stealing Plagg!" 

"Sorry!" Plagg screamed frustrated, "He won't notice, there were too many cheeses there."

"Adrien...likes........cheeses?!" Marinette said quietly, somewhat disbelievingly. 

"Yeah, how did the stalker miss that out?" Alya said teasingly but still surprised.

"Okay, whatever, let's get back to the note," Marinette said and Rena Fertive leaned in and Marinette and the kwamis peered in curiously. 

"It looks like a letter." She said finally. "A letter, really? why? who is it addressed to?" Marinette asked. 

"I can't make out. The weird thing is that the writing on this page has faded, the page looks old, and are you completely sure this was the page Emilie was writing on, it looks quite old to be written only a few hours ago."

"Positive," Marinette said firmly. "My lucky charm wouldn't have shown me it if it wasn't it."

"Well, then, I think, I believe that this note was previously underwater." Rena said.

"Underwater...underwater, well, just maybe but, Monarch's lair is underwater, and, and, the butterfly miraculous also fell in the water, underwater, Alya, could it be that...that water." Marinette stuttered.

"Or maybe, it fell in the bath, or somewhere similar, Marinette, we never know for sure right?" Tikki said reassuringly as she landed on her holder's shoulder.

"Anything is...possible.." Marinette said slowly "Alya can you make out anything at all?"

"Working on it, actually, Marinette would you give me your phone, extra light."

"Sure" Marinette opened the torch and handed it to her. Alya focused both the lamp and the torch and focused it on the letter.  

"The first letter is 'D', obviously dear the next word is uh..illegible, anyway nothing is really legible so let's start assuming, okay, in this name, there is a 'a' and 'd' ... that's all. a and d together in the middle, I guess we know what that is."

"Ladybug" Marinette said.

"I want to test something," Alya said, "Can any of you give me a waste paper?" 

"Right away captain," Plagg said and flew to the drawer took a paper, and proudly gave it to her.
"Plagg, are you sure this is waste?" 
"Sure, I just know it, I saw your boyfriend one day saying that he had to throw it away Marinette."
"You spy on him?" Marinette said 
"Continuing your legacy" Plagg gave her a double thumbs up.
"Plagg that's wrong!" Marinette said, "Yeah, I know I did that in the past but, I have changed," 
"Anyway Marinette, these moral obligations apply to Kwamis. Let's focus, so fact, this is a rough paper, what's your plan?" 
"Yeah, so....one second"