Chapter 2

(This is an Au The Wen Clan is not evil this is simply a depiction of how things would have gone differently but with omegaverse added enjoy!)

Lan Wang Ji missed Wei Ying. He didn't even know why and his brother had tried hinting to him so many times as to why he missed the omega he really couldn't understand why.

The first time he received a letter he was curious and wanted to immediately open the letter but he had his morning duties to attend to so he left it off until he could get back to the Jingshi at nightime.

The moment he got back he undressed and he decided to find the basket the letter had arrived in he had kept it under the floorboards not because anyone would take it but because he simply did not want anyone to see it after all it was... private.

Dear Lan Zhan

Me and Jiang Cheng went on a hunt yesterday and I obviously beat him as always but I noticed something interesting these days, Jiang Cheng does not even argue with me he simply shakes his head and sits around... thinking which is awfully weird especially for Jiang Cheng! But now I think I know why he has been acting this way. Did you know that Zewu-jun and Jiang Cheng are going to meet in 2 weeks at an inn in Yunmeng somewhere. I read a letter that my brother left out in the open! Can you believe it? He was so nervous he left it on his bed. So we can probably expect one of them to confess soon hahaha.

Enough about them I was training 1 of my disciples today and she asked me "Head disciple would you ever date an omega as an omega?" and to me it seemed like a weird question so I told her "Of course that wouldn't be allowed for me it should be but it won't as Aunt Yu will probably marry me off to some alpha and make use of my worth" she looked horrified and told me she felt bad for me but in reality I am not really that scared of that prospect because I am in debt to them and I think that even though its may be wrong I still dont mind. I feel like you definitely had similar experiences and what do you think?

I hope this letter made it to you safe and sound. Please reply as soon as possible. I'll be waiting for you Hanguang-jun!

Lan Wangji's heart was beating too fast for it to be normal and Lan Wangji was willing it to stop he sat down on his bed thinking of a reply and he began writing he wondered what Wei Ying was doing as he gave it to a lan disciple and told him to deliver it to Wei Ying he fell asleep with Wei Yings sweet scent lingering at the back of his mind.

Dear Wei Ying

I did not know that my brother and Young Master Jiang were 'conversing' but thank you for keeping me well informed.

Regarding the matter of your question yes I will also have an arranged marriage with someone that will bring our sect connections so I can understand how you feel if you ever think that you may love someone your aunt finds unacceptable I don't know what you would do in that situation but I would definitely try and get over that person and watch from afar...

Also I think that young disciple was asking you because she liked you and you might have shattered her heart.

I hope you are well and this letter has reached you.

Yours truly Hanguang-jun.

After the sending of that letter Wangji laid in bed thinking of Wei Ying and his scent lotuses and lilacs. He loved it he loved it so much but he had no idea why.

Many letters later he realises on 1 fateful day in the same year why he was feeling this way. he was talking with his brother who brought up Jiang Cheng "Wangji what would you think if me and Jiang Cheng got married not now I just confessed a few days ago and he allowed for me to court him" Wangji was not surprised he knew this was coming so he told his brother the truth without thinking about it "Brother I definitely don't mind as long as Jiang Cheng is not as loud as he usually is but uncle might mind as you are an alpha and he is a beta so the prospect of children-"

Lan Huan interrupted him and if it was anybody else he wouldn't have spoken to them ever again well maybe except for Wei Ying "Wangji I will convince uncle but you will have to have a child to continue the line and I don't know if you would want to do it I really love Jiang Cheng!" Lan Wangji went quiet for a moment. He thought about it: did he want children? Who would he even want children with?

Only one name came to mind, Wei Ying. He was an omega he could conceive, he was single, he was beautiful, he was everything Wangji wanted.

He simply nodded and said "I don't mind." His brother seemed shocked. He did not expect that result. He asked Wangji again if he was sure and he nodded.

That night Wangji realised that he was in love. It was everything about Wei Ying, his smile, his behaviour, the way he teased Wangji and everything in between.

He was in love and he was in love with someone who saw him as a friend.

_______________________________________________________

On his 18th birthday a letter had arrived. It was when Lan Wangji was out on a night hunt and the letter had been placed on his bed carefully just as he had instructed the disciples to do if a letter ever arrived .

He entered the Jingshi and saw the letter. He quickly moved towards the letter. He attended a banquet in his name; he even had a night hunt where the other sects were not invited as it was a private event he really wanted Wei Ying to be there.

It was still the best thing that happened to him the whole day he opened it:

Dear Lan Zhan,

Happy Birthday!!!!

I hope you have the best day ever. I really want to see you but there is now way I could have travelled without getting into trouble now that we are older we-I have to travel with an escort because of my heats but I- head disciple am more than capable of defending myself. I hope I see you soon. Our brothers are so cute they are considering getting married soon! Please tell me how your day went. Also there is a gift inside the letter. I have 1 piece. Mine is white and has specks of blue all over. I hope you like it. I made it.

Yours Wei ying

Wangji looked inside the envelope again and noticed a red hairpin with specks of black all over it. He wears it immediately and it suits him. He decided to make a necklace of the hairpin and wear it inside his inner robes from that day he always kept it on. He would put it on his hair but he was scared of it being stolen. He always wanted it close to his heart. He noticed that Wei ying ended it with a 'yours' and he couldn't stop thinking about it. He wanted it to truly mean what Wangji thought it meant but of course it was only a dream.

Dear Wei Ying,

Thank you for the wishes I really like the hairpin but I have decided to make a necklace out of it as it is more convenient I hope you can understand that your family only want to keep you safe from those alphas I also have an escort just incase I have a drug that induces my rut. I hope that you have a good day and stay safe!

Yours Lan Wangji

_______________________________________________________

Extra

Things had gone much better than Jiang Cheng had anticipated. Lan Huan liked him back but both of them faced an issue. How would they have a kid future sect leader for Yunmeng would be Wei Ying's son or daughter but what about the lan Sect? Would Lan Wangji have a kid? Could they truly be in love without any trouble?

Lan Huan reassured him that Wangji wanted kids and was okay with this he asked Wei ying if he would be okay with that and he agreed saying that he would and Jiang Cheng realised it was only because Wei Ying felt as though he owed him something he didn't.

He was really happy he had proposed to lan Huan the moment he turned 18 who had said yes very happily they agreed to wait at least an year before getting married because neither of them had their lives completely sorted yet)