Chapter 3

Lan Wangji had certainly matured; it was almost hard for Wei Ying to recognise him; it had been 2 years since he had spotted the man he was hopelessly pining for; he knew the Lan only tolerated him; there was never anything else between them. He was very sad every time he thought he was a desirable omega. He knew this but the one he wanted did not even look his way.

"Hanguang-jun! Lan Zhan! Lan Wang Ji" Wei Ying called out to the object of his affections oh how hopelessly in love he was. Lan Wang Ji finally turned around and something close to a simple spread on his face "Wei Ying?" he effortlessly looked this handsome Wei Ying thought this was unfair "Yes it's me, What are you doing here in Yunmeng?" Lan Wangji came closer to Wei Ying, sitting next to him "I had come here to find a resentful spirit I just finished my work and thought I might stay here a few days" Lan Zhan answered with his usual monotone voice but Wei Ying could tell he was happy being here in Yunmeng.

Now that he really got a look at the 19 year old man he had really changed from when he was 17 he was much more muscular and his jawline... Wei Ying was openly eyeing the guy and he couldn't even tell! That's just how oblivious this guy was. "Well, I'm glad you're here Lan Zhan. It's been a while I just sent you another letter. It must be in Gusu by now" He grinned at the alpha "I also sent you a letter telling you I was visiting but it must not have reached" The alpha replied.

"Wanna go explore the markets with me? We might even find some pretty women?" He winked at Lan Zhan even though he didn't really want to find a woman because the man of his affections was right next to him. To anyone else the expression lan wang ji made was the same as his usual one but Wei Ying could tell he made a scandalised face which made Wei ying smirk wider "Shameless" Lan Zhan looked away looking up where Wei Ying couldn't see him blushing from the wink.

____________________________________________________

After that they walked around for hours and hours until it was nighttime and Lan Zhan was holding their shopping. Wei ying had bought wine, rouge, clothes for Lan Wangji, Some sweets and a few freebies he had gotten by flirting with the stall owners all using the Lans money but in his defence Lan Zhan had not once said no to buying anything instead he willingly gave Wei ying his money pouch everytime he as much as looked at something for more than 2 seconds. How happy Lan Zhan would make his future lover, they would be very lucky!

"Lan Zhan, I know a nearby inn we can stay at. Let's head there and let me hold something. I feel bad you paid and you're holding everything!" Wei Ying actually felt guilty for once in his life "It's okay I don't mind let's head there" Lan Zhan answered refusing to hand the bags over. This only made Wei Ying more jealous of Lan Zhan's future spouse!

They reached the inn and again Lan Zhan paid for the room. He put the bags down in one corner and sat down beckoned Wei Ying to sit down for dinner. "Lan Zhan, drink with me we're not in gusu?" The lan seemed to ponder the offer and said no but Wei Ying wouldnt take no for an answer so this time he poured two cups and pulled the lan down by his collar putting wine in his mouth when he had opened it to chew.

The Lan was surprised this was his first time drinking any form of alcohol; he simply plopped his head on the table just barely avoiding the food. Wei ying found this adorable. This was the first time he had seen someone skip the drunk part of alcohol so he tried to pick the Lan Up and put him in bed but the lan was much taller and heavier thus he failed.

The lan had woken up and Wei Ying sheepishly apologised but there was something different about the alpha. He actually smiled at Wei ying and Wei Yings heart threatened to skip a beat and he realised the man was drunk! And he wondered if he could get Lan Zhan to answer his questions drunk.

"How old are you?" Wei Ying asked just to test the waters "19" so he asked another question "Do you like bunnies?" Lan Zhan nodded aww how cute "Do you like any omega?" he nodded once again and Wei Yings heart dropped of course he did. He was THE Hanguang-jun he would obviously have someone special in his heart. "Thank you for answering" this time Lan Zhan spoke up "Anything for you" and Wei Ying blushed thinking Lan Zhan must think Wei Ying was his best friend and nothing more after all he liked an omega.

This time Lan Wangji stood up and said "Mean it, anything for you!" he started to head out of the inn Wei ying following him and he stopped at a random farm he went inside and grabbed a chicken coming back with a weirdly cute serious expression "For you" he smiled expecting to be rewarded Wei ying weirdly smiled at him not understanding what was going on "Thank you?" He placed the chicken back inside, not wanting Lan Zhan to be called a thief.

"I would rather it stayed there but thank you" Lan Wangji looked at him weirdly this time and it made Wei Yings heart do cartwheels. He walked Lan Zhan back to the inn and made sure he slept on the bed and he really couldn't help himself so he gave Lan wangji a kiss on the cheek and he realised how wrong this was.

He had to leave before whatever it was that he felt for Lan Zhan got in the way of their friendship. He wrote him a note and slipped away in the dead of night enjoying their time together but knowing he wasn't good enough for the Alpha he was an orphan and Lan Zhan was the second jade it was not meant to be he would accept any husband madam Yu chose for him.

______________________________________________________

Wangji woke up with a throbbing headache and noticed Wei Ying was gone. Where had he gone? He saw a note by his side.

Dear Lan Zhan,

I must get back to Lotus pier as I have responsibilities to attend to. I had a lot of fun with you and I took all of my things from the shopping. I left you the clothes I bought for you. Well technically you bought them but I chose them. Also i'm sorry for getting you drunk but you're adorable drunk you told me you liked bunnies how cute! Then you passed out. I hope to see you on another fateful day and then you can give me my hair ribbon.

Wangji read through the note happy that he spent an entire day with the omega he looked around the room and noticed the omega had left his hair ribbon on the table he would keep it Wangji could smell the scent he was happy and content he didn't mind drinking if it made Wei Ying find him cute.

______________________________________________________

Extra

Jiang Cheng was happy he was with the man he loved that day he noticed Wei Ying come in late with the scent of a lan alpha on him and he only knew one Lan Wangji so they must have met there was also a sour scent on him but he looked happy so Jiang Cheng let it be.