Chapter 2 : The fight for porridge

3RD POV

Inside the shopping mall, people quickly walked, feeling nervous as a hot and dark aura filled the space. In the center of the crowd was a furious Goldie, appearing as if she wanted to harm someone. Her blue eyes glared, and she bit her bottom lip, causing it to bleed.

After discovering that the given card didn't work, she was utterly shocked. When she went to the bank and realized that only a dollar was inside, her anger exploded. Goldie tried calling her father numerous times but unfortunately he didn't answer!

Goldie was fuming with a pouting face. She crossed her arms with fisted hands, as if she were ready to beat someone if they dare insult her. Goldie was beyond pissed!

HOW DARE HER FATHER TRICK HER?!

DOESN'T HE KNOW SHOPPING IS A SERIOUS THING?!

Without a doubt, she called her father again, only to hear his voicemail. She grumbled out loud and then decided to leave the mall. After calling for her butler to pick her up at the mall, Goldie walked out of the vast shopping center, making her way to meet her butler and head home.

Goldie was not just sad but also furious at her father for tricking her. She could only watch and gaze at the luxurious goods that she didn't get to buy today. For Goldie, it was torture; she yearned for these beautiful things to call her own. Without money, how could she obtain them?

As she walked out of the mall, her ears tingled, sensing that something was off. Soon, loud screams and the rumbling sounds of tires reached her. Goldie turned around and her blue eyes widened seeing...

A WHITE VAN?! COMING TOWARDS HER?!!!

"WHAT THE FUCK?!" Goldie yelled.

But that was her last words once she was grabbed by an unknown hand coming from the white van. She was that of a grab and go order. Once the white van came passing next to her it had snatched her quickly.

Inside the van, Goldie screamed in fear, realizing that she had been kidnapped. She knew it wasn't her butler who had come to pick her up—after all, who in their right mind would drive their vehicle inside a mall? What was especially alarming was that it was on the third floor!

How on earth did a van end up on the third floor with crowds of people around?!

Goldie opened her eyes, fearing the worst, imagining that a gang of people had surrounded her inside the van. However, that was not the case. As she looked around the back of the van, she saw no one. She was neither tied up nor blindfolded.

She slowly walked toward the person driving the van, only to discover that it was her GRANDMOTHER?!

"GRANDMA?! WHY ARE YOU DRIVING? WEREN'T YOU ILL?" Goldie said, in shock.

Goldie knows that her grandmother lived in the countryside. Her family would visit her from time to time due to her ill state. Despite being spoiled, she too cared for her grandma as she loved spending time with her. Goldie seeing her grandma driving was too shocking!

How can an ill elderly woman drive as if she were driving a monster truck!

One lingering thought, as time passed, was who in their right mind had given her grandma keys to drive?! Goldie was determined to find the person responsible.

" Hello, dear I-"

Her grandmother was about to answer, but then she unexpectedly made a sharp turn to the right, causing the van to swerve. The sudden force sent Goldie backward, making her fumble as she tried to get a hold of something.