03

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───

VICTORIA WAS FINALLY at her first Friday night dinner. She was terrified yet excited. She dressed super fancy and cute and they went eat at her grandparents. Her grandparents were very interesting people, they weren't exactly warm but they did love Lorlei, Rory, and Victoria.

They had a candle lit dinner, everything at Victoria's grandparents house always intimidated her because it was so fancy. She was scared she would break something or cause a scene. The food was always to die for though.

"Dinner was Lovely Emily." Richard expressed. "Mira does make a perfect Cassoulet." Victoria had no Idea what a Cassoulet was but she knew she liked it, because whatever it was that Mira made was amazing. "Whos Mira?" Lorlei asked. "Our cook." Victoria stared at her mother. "Duh mom."

"I thought the cook was Heidi though Smart Elek." Emily shook her head. "We let Heidi go months ago. She had a problem closing things, the door, the refrigerator-" Richard cut her off, "The liquor bottle." They all laughed slightly. Victoria thought he was going to say her legs, that woman had like 6 kids.

"Then it was Trina, then Sophia." Richard looked toward her. "Well I liked Sophia." Emily smiled. "You did not." Richard looked up confused. "I didn't?"

"She was the one who sang." Victoria was so confused. "That's right, terrible woman." He said with a shiver. "And after Sophia, we had Anton." Richard nodded. "That's right Anton was the one that I liked." Lorlei was very confused. "I am sorry dad,. How do you mix up Anton with Sophia."

"What do you mean?" Richard asked. "One is a man and one is a woman." Richard shook his head. "And your point being?" Lorlei stared toward him. "That one is a man and one is a woman." Richard clicked his tongue. "I have a lot to do in a day Lorelei. I don't have time to keep up with the multitudes of people that your mother employs."

Victoria just assumed her mother would shut up after that but oh its her mother so she continued. "But one is a man, and one is a woman."

A woman then came in placing a cake on the table. "Oh, the dinner was so wonderful Mira." Lorlei told the woman. "It's Sarah." Lorlei gasped. "Oh, I'm sorry." The blonde nodding heading out the door. "Mom her name is Sarah." Lorlei whispered. "I thought she said Mira." Emily replied. "Hey, Grandma. These plates are really pretty."

Victoria gulped. "Just beautiful, really shiny and uhm pretty detailing. Did you pick these out?" Emily smiled. "Thank you girls, no I didn't Victoria they were your great-grandmothers." Richard looked up. "Yes, Lorlei the first." Rory looked over, "I thought mom was the first." Richard shook his head. "Even I knew that god, Rors keep up."

Rory rolled her eyes. "Not in the name." Lorlei interjected herself. "No but in so many other things, I was a regular trailblazer. Just finishing your thought mom." Emily directed her attention toward Lorlei giving her a death stare.

"Lorlei the first is my mother. She is an extremely accomplished equestrian, a distinguished patron of the arts, and she is also world famous for her masquerade balls. She lives away and is to elderly to throw them now but I am sure you girls would have loved it. She is quite the woman my mother. "

Emily rolled her eyes. "Yes she is, Mira come cut the cake! Please." Lorlei nodded. "Yes, and why don't you bring Sarah out here with you?" Lorlei smiled.

Emily looked up, "Victoria, was my mothers name which I gave to your mother as a middle name and she gave to you. I wish you would have gotten to meet her but her and my father died before Lorlei was born." Victoria smiled. "Awe grandma, I am sorry I wish I could have met the woman I was sort of named after." Emily nodded.

"So Lorlei, how are things at that charming little Inn of yours?" She asked. "Their still charming and little and were just crossing our fingers it doesn't assert itself and become rude and large."

Victoria and Rory looked at one another puzzled at what to do with their mother. "Umm, mom's having a huge wedding there this week." Victoria nodded, "Not her own, because she would invite you guys to it if it was hers... obviously."

Emily looked toward the girls. "Debatable. Isn't that nice though." Lorlei nodded. "Yeah there's people coming from all over the country." Emily nodded. "How quaint. So girls, how is school?" Lorlei's eyes widened. "Okay, done with me now." Dragging the "Y."

Emily looked away from her grandchildren. "I am sorry, was there more to the story?" Lorlei dodged the question. "Uh, Rory has to pick a team sport to play and Vic has football season coming up next week."

"So how are Friday night dinners going to work." Lorlei and Victoria looked at one another. "I hadn't even thought about that..." Richard looked around. "We can move it to Thursday nights." Richard said. "I have DAR meetings." Victoria sighed. "Well I don't have to be at the games until 7:30 so if we do dinners from 5:00-7:00 from now on I can make it." Emily nodded. "We can work with that."

"Okay good." Victoria was starting to get anxious for a moment. She did not like the thought of disappointing the two of them. "So Rory has to pick a sport to play, interesting." Rory nodded. "It's a requirement. "Physical fitness is as important as intellectual fitness. So says Plato, and so say I." Victoria nodded. "Agreed."

"What sport are you going to pick?" Emily asked. "I'm not sure. I'm not really the athletic type." Lorlei smiled. "I told her she should go out for the debate team." Rory tilted her head. "It's not a sport."

"It is the way the Gilmore's play." Emily ignored her. "So what are your choices?" Rory looked up. "God there's like a thousand of them. Basketball, lacrosse, swimming, track, golf."

"Golf?" Emily asked. "Yeah." Emily looked toward Richard. "Well your grandfather is a golf player." Lorlei looked down. "Oops."

"He plays every week at the club." Richard looked up petrified. "He could teach you to play like a pro."

"Emily..." Emily was clearly thinking out loud. "Why he could take you there on Sunday, and Victoria if you would like to tag along get a little bit of time with your grandfather."

Victoria nearly choked on her food. "I think I have cheer practice on Sunday." Emily shrugged. "Then Saturday." Lorlei giggled under her breath. "Oh yeah, great." Victoria stated. " It's not something you can teach in an afternoon." Lorlei shook her head. "That's okay, Rory can pick something else."

"Why should she pick something else? She needs to learn a sport and Richard can teach her a sport. You both can use your mothers old golf clubs, we have plenty upstairs gathering dust along with the rest of her potential." Victorias eyes widened. "Oh shit." She muttered under her breath. "What did you say?" Richard asked. "Nothing grandpa I was coughing."

"Okay, mom could I maybe talk to you for a minute." Emily stared at her blankly. "We're having dessert." Lorlei nodded. "I Know but I'd like to talk you fast before the sugar sets in and makes me crazy." She finally got up. "You are the oddest person."

"Yeah, too easy." Lorlei whispered to the girls.

Victorias first family dinner had already been a blast... if that means not at all.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───