No. 2

"Please tell me that I was dreaming," Ashton broke the silence in the car. It had been five minutes since the elderly woman burst from our sight.

I could hear Michael's heart beating from my seat and Calum wheezing behind me. Ashton had just woken up.

"I - I don't think so.." I said, choking out my words. I didn't blink because when I did, I saw her for that split second when everything was supposed to be black.

I was gripping tightly to the steering wheel, so tight that my knuckles were white.

"Let's get out of here," Michael then spoke up. He reached over and turned the keys in the ignition.

Nothing happened.

"The car won't move, Michael," I said once again. Michael gulped, "I'm calling mom."

I shot him a glare, "Don't. We'll be grounded for a year if she finds out we left the house."

"Luke, we are stranded in the middle of no where surrounded by a mouthless elderly woman who just disappeared into thin air! I don't give a fuck if I'm stuck in my bedroom for the next year. It sure as hell beats this!" He pulled out his phone and dialed our mother's cell.

He placed it to his ear and without warning, he dropped it to his lap and screamed.

"What the hell, Michael?" Ashton groaned, still trying to recover from his massive headache I suppose.

"Mother fucker...that wasn't mom."

I raised my eyebrow, "So who was it?"

Michael ran his hands through his cherry red hair and looked up.

His eyes went wide.

I looked up too.

And almost stopped breathing.

A younger woman was standing at the front of the car, holding a cell phone in her hands.

She was as pale as the elderly woman but she had no stitches connecting her lips. Instead, one of her eyes was completely missing and blood was streaming from her ears.

I could feel Calum's hot breath grazing the back of my neck. He was grasping tightly at my shoulders. He was still wheezing.

Ashton stuck his head between the front seats and almost choked on his own spit, "Holy..shi-"

Michael's phone began to ring.

We all turned to it, waiting for Michael to pick it up.

He did slowly, terrified of what he might find.

Which was understandable.

Once Michael picked up the phone, he read the text message aloud.

"Welcome to the family."

We all looked at each other for a moment, trying to get our shit together and figure up a plan. But before we could move, all four of the van doors swung open.

And before we knew it, we were at the steps of the house on the verge of stepping in.

But instead, we were pushed.

-----

I know - this chapter sucks. But I had to get them in the house. It would have been longer but...eh. I don't know. Bare with me.

The story will get better. I promise.

I love you all. Stay rad. And thanks always. x

- Robin