No. 6

We were in one of the bed rooms. Stationed for the rest of the night.

The girls were huddled together in the corner of the room, Michael was pacing back and forth around the room, and Calum and I were laid out on the bed.

He was wheezing again. I looked over to him and handed him his inhaler. He always trusted me to have a spare.

We were around each other most of the time. It was an emergency type of deal.

"Luke, how are we going to get out of here?" he asked after taking a puff.

I shrugged, "I don't know. We'll figure it out."

He frowned slightly and handed the inhaler back.

"I have to use the bathroom," Brianna said suddenly. Cheyann looked at me and grinned, "I'll go with her."

I didn't feel comfortable leaving them alone in this house. Even if they were together.

"I'll stand guard outside the door. Michael stay with Calum."

The girls stood and smoothed out their dresses. I stuffed the inhaler in my pocket and walked out the door.

The two girls followed me down the hall where we found a small cubicle, being considered as a bathroom.

"I wouldn't suggest that you actually touch the toilet," I put it out there.

Brianna looked us both in the eye, "I'll be sure not to retract any ghostly STDs or diseases. Now, I think I'll be fine for a minute piss," she said and walked into the room. She closed the door behind her and we heard it lock.

I sighed. Brianna was alone.

Cheyann noticed my worry, "Hey, are you okay?" she asked. She pressed a hand to my shoulder, as a comforting touch I suppose.

I tried to grin and say yes, but she saw right through me. "Were you and Ashton close?"

I nodded.

Her eyes grazed mine and I found it in myself to smile. "He was one of the only guys that I could trust. I don't know. I just feel guilty, I guess."

She shook her head, "You shouldn't. You didn't kill him, so why feel guilty?"

I ignored her question. It had been two minutes since Brianna had entered the bathroom.

"Brianna?" I hollered.

There was no response.

I heard Cheyann's breath catch in her throat, "BRI?"

She began to bang on the door. I could hear the worry in her voice. I could feel in radiating off of her.

Suddenly, the door swing open.

Brianna stood there with a smile on her face. "Boo."

Cheyann hit her cousin on the arm and grumbled, "Jesus Christ, Bri. That isn't funny. Not at a time like this."

Brianna just laughed, "Come on Chey. It was just a fun joke."

Cheyann shook her head and crossed her arms, "Let's just get back to the bedroom."

Then I heard the faucet turn. Brianna jumped at the sound of the running water.

We all looked into the room to see the bathtub filling. The water ran out quickly, it was slightly greenish.

It began to overflow.

I grabbed the girls arms and pulled them back, but Brianna was too strong. She fought back.

"I left the water running..." she said.

I looked at her, eyes wide. "Brianna, you didn't turn it on. It's a ghost..."

Cheyann pulled at her cousins hands, "Don't go in there!"

"I left the water running.."

She pulled from our grasp.

I reached out for her, but she ran to the tub. And placed her hand on the faucet.

I watched, unable to speak. Cheyann didn't move.

"Brianna get back here!!" she shouted. "BRI!!" She kept shouting.

Brianna didn't listen.

And just like that, a little boy, drench from head to toe appeared behind the dark haired girl. He looked to be about seven years old.

He turned to us and smiled. He was wicked. He looked back at Brianna and grabbed the back of her head and with one small push, Brianna fell into the tub.

"BRIANNA!!" Cheyann yelled. Tears began to flow from her hazel eyes. I grabbed her by the arms and pulled her away.

Brianna was struggling in the tub. Waving her arms and legs, searching for a way out.

I ran in. I wasn't letting anyone else die.

I caught her hand, and pulled. The little boy was on the opposite side of the tub.

He looked up at me.

He held my attention, "Your time is ticking, Luke."

I pulled on Brianna's hand. I pulled.

But she was already dead, and the boy was gone.

Cheyann was heaving outside the door, gasping for air. She was worked up.

I stood, and grabbed Cheyann's hand. "Breath, sweetie. Breath"

She was speechless. And hurt.

I lead her out of the room and closed the door.

Back in the bedroom, we all agreed that we go nowhere alone.

Stay together at all costs.
Or else you're dead.

-----------------------

Did this suck? Sorta.
-Robin