Chapter Four : Soldier Of The Gods

Seklani and Alexis could feel their hearts pounding in their chests as they were roughly dragged into a dimly lit room. The cold, metallic scent of damp stone filled their nostrils, and the claustrophobic atmosphere only heightened their fear. They exchanged a quick glance, their eyes reflecting the terror that had taken hold of them both.

Before them stood a man, tall and imposing, with a severe gleam in his eyes that sent shivers down their spines. His dark hair was streaked with silver, matching the intricate patterns etched into his armor, which showcased his authority amongst the group of Lycan hunters called the Order of Jupiter.

"Finally, we meet, Seklani and Alexis," the man said, his voice deep and commanding. "I am Augustus, the leader of the Order. You have caused quite a stir in the neighborhood, and you shall pay the price for it."

Seklani raised his chin, defiance shimmering in his amber eyes. "We won't go down without a fight. We have done nothing wrong. You hunt innocent creatures and call it justice. You are the true monsters!"

A cruel smile curled Augustus's lips. "Innocent creatures? There is no such thing as an innocent Lycan. Your kind is a blight upon humanity, and it's my duty to eradicate you."

"Our 'kind'?" Alexis growled, his voice laced with anger. His hands clenched into fists, ready to defend himself or his mate at any cost. "Don't you see? We're not the monsters here. You are the ones who kill without reason, without mercy."

Augustus strode closer, his steps echoing through the room. His eyes pierced them, cold and unyielding. "Lycans are a threat-a ticking time bomb of chaos. We are merely the ones who uphold justice, who protect humanity from your savage instincts."

Seklani's voice hardened. "You know nothing about us. We live peacefully, keep to ourselves. It's your fear that drives you to hunt, to kill."

The leader of the Order chuckled, a sound devoid of warmth or amusement. "Peaceful? A Lycan is a creature governed by its basest desires. How can such a creature restrain its urges? I have seen the devastation you leave in your wake."

Alexis took a step forward, his voice low and venomous. "You've never seen the part of us that fights to maintain our humanity, to protect those we love. I would gladly die to save Seklani, but I won't let you harm him or any innocent Lycan"

Augustus's eyes glinted with a mixture of admiration and disdain. "Ah, the fierce loyalty. It's a trait so common among your kind. It's a pity it's wasted on creatures like you."

Silence enveloped the room for a moment, the tension thickening as Seklani and Alexis squared their shoulders, ready to defend themselves, even against insurmountable odds.

The leader of the Order smirked, his voice dripping with derision. "Very well. The trial awaits. We shall see if you are truly worthy of life or if your kind is better off as nothing more than a memory."Meanwhile, in the busy streets of Toronto, Arvan led his pack through the seemingly endless streets of downtown Toronto. The scent of the city was overpowering, a cacophony of odors that threatened to drown out the trail they sought. But Arvan's senses were keen, his instincts honed after centuries of hunting.

As they reached Bay Street, the heart of the financial district, Arvan's blue eyes scanned the surrounding buildings. The man they were after, a shadowy figure with ties to the infamous Order of Jupiter, had disappeared under mysterious circumstances. But Arvan knew better than to think this meant their target had vanished for good. The Order always left a trail, no matter how faint.

"The building's just up ahead," whispered Lydia, the pack's cunning strategist. Her voice was barely audible over the distant hum of traffic. She pointed towards a towering skyscraper, its glass facade shimmering in the late afternoon sun.