Chapter Seventeen:Guidance from the Shaman

As Wískanitón's grandmother performed the ancient ritual, she carefully crafted a drink for Arvan and his pack, and the members of the pack accepted it with trust, unaware of the profound journey it would take them on. With each sip, they felt a strange dizziness and a sensation of being transported to another world.

Amidst the haunting chants in Kanien'kéha, the flickering flames danced with eerie luminosity. The shaman instructed them to breathe in the intoxicating fumes that emanated from the fire, and as they did, the world around them began to blur and twist. Their senses spiraled into an otherworldly realm, and suddenly, they found themselves transported to a place and time far removed from their own.

In the past, they stood witness to a dark chapter in history, amidst the grandeur of Mycenaean Greece. Before them, King Lycaon and his 50 sons were hosting a guest, an unsuspecting stranger who had entered their court. They observed in shock as Lycaon and his sons served their guest a gruesome dish of human flesh, and in an act of barbarism, they consumed it themselves.
It was then that the identity of their guest became clear, for he was none other than the mighty Zeus, the king of the gods. With the revelation of their unholy banquet, Zeus, filled with divine wrath, cast a powerful curse upon King Lycaon and his 50 sons, transforming them into grotesque creatures-half man, half wolf.

As the pack absorbed this shocking glimpse into the distant past, the weight of the curse's origins and the implications it held for their own journey became clear.

The vision that had transported Arvan and his pack to ancient Mycenaean Greece continued to unfold before their eyes. King Lycaon and his 50 sons, now transformed into monstrous creatures, led an army of Lycans toward the legendary Mount Olympus. Their intent was clear, as Lycaon called out to the heavens, summoning Zeus himself.

From the sky, the mighty deity descended in a blaze of divine power, his presence casting a radiant glow across the battlefield. The tension in the air was palpable, for a great battle between the god and the cursed king was about to unfold.

The clash between Lycaon, once a proud and ruthless ruler, and Zeus, the supreme god of the pantheon, was a spectacle of epic proportions. Thunderbolts rained from the heavens, while the earth trembled under the might of their titanic blows. The battle was a struggle of cosmic forces, where each participant's power was on full display.

As Arvan and his pack watched the ancient conflict play out before their eyes, they were both awed and humbled by the sheer magnitude of this pivotal moment in history. It was clear that the curse that had bound King Lycaon and his sons had deep roots, and its consequences had far-reaching implications.

As the epic battle between King Lycaon and Zeus raged on, Arvan and his pack observed in awe and trepidation. The confrontation reached its climax when Lycaon, driven by newfound power and determination, delivered a devastating blow to the king of the gods. This fatal strike wounded Zeus, forcing him to retreat in a burst of divine radiance.
With Zeus's departure, the great battle came to an end, and Lycaon stood victorious on the battlefield. His body bathed in the residual energies of the god, he began to undergo a transformation of unprecedented significance. The godly essence he had absorbed infused him with godlike power and wisdom, elevating him to a divine status that had never been witnessed before.

Lycaon, now transcending his previous form, addressed his 50 sons and the assembled Lycan army. With newfound wisdom and strength, he declared that they would no longer be known as mere Lycanthropes, but as Lycans. This transformation marked a pivotal moment in their history, as they became more than the sum of their fearsome parts.

The shaman's vision had offered Arvan and his pack a profound understanding of the origins of the Lycans and their connection to the divine. They now realized the depth of the curse and the godly essences that infused the Lycans' existence, shedding light on the complexity of their quest to confront the Lupus Daemonium and protect the world from the darkness that sought to consume it.