Prologue

As the three moons shone overhead of the tiny island between Pyrrhia and Pantala, movement occured beneath the trees. A HiveWing darted in and out of the shadows, holding what seemed to be an egg. The dragon rose into the air looking at the surroundings before flying towards a cave. "You're late Mosquito." A voice rang out from the cave. She landed swiftly onto her talons, holding the egg in one. "I know, I know, I'm sorry Agave I had to wait for mother to not be looking." Mosquito replied, bringing the dragon egg to him.

Agave ran his talons above the dragon egg, seeing as it was a LeafWing egg. "Good, good, and it's the right egg." He chuckled. She nodded furiously, hoping none of the LeafWings on Pantala were awake and searching for the egg. "So what are we going to do with the egg? Push the breath of evil into it?" She asked, her curiosity rising. "No, something much more, different than you'd think." He responded. Slyly, he put blood of other dragons over the egg as the egg was soon colored with the other tribes.

"You remember the other eggs that you brought me moons ago?" He murmured into her ear. She nodded softly, her wings outstretched as they brushed against his own. "This, this will be a new tribe, one where dragons of every blood will suffer helplessly!" He roared with laughter. She laughed as well, but not as loudly as before, worried for her own safety. "You have animus magic, couldn't you make these dragons like that with a spell?" She hissed. "No, not like that anyways. You see, these eggs cannot handle that kind of magic, because the egg would break and kill the dragon inside." He explained.

"But don't we want to do that?" She asked gruffly. "No, we want these dragons as weapons, think about it. You can get revenge on the LeafWings and SilkWings, while I can get revenge on Pyrrhia for exiling me from the continent." He sneered. She tapped her talons to her chin. "Not a bad plan, so, what do you want me to do?" She sneered with glee. "Go into your mines that you have under Pantala and get me thousands of your best diamonds." He barked. She rushed outside and flew off for Pantala, hurrying along. How could I be so forgetful? We do have mines under Pyrrhia when we had the SilkWings under the HiveWing's control! She thought.

Mosquito flew down into the tunnels and saw carts of diamonds. If this does work, I might- no I WILL get revenge on the LeafWings and SilkWings for destroying my great-great-great-great grandmother Wasp! Maybe she'll be proud of me after that! Quickly she grabbed a cart of diamonds and flew away. The weight was a huge burden for her but she managed it as she flew back to the cave. Agave was waiting for her as she set the cart down with a huff. "Is this enough?" She murmured. He studied the number that was in the cart, feeling satisfied. "Yes, more than enough." He mused. She lined the diamonds on the floor quickly and defiantly.

Hundreds of thousands of diamonds soon lined the floor as he looked pleased. "Good, good." He coaxed her. She settled next to him as he raised his talons, his eyes glinted with pleasure. "I enchant these diamonds to change the dragons that were constructed as the new tribe to reveal their true selves when they touch the diamond, only then once they let go, their original tribe will be shown." He commanded. The diamonds shuddered in response as they each glittered with the colors of all the tribes.

"Now, Mosquito, I want you to help me slide each crystal with each egg, then you and I will return them to their spots where the mothers buried them." He demanded. She quietly made a small crack in each egg as she slid the diamonds in. Agave then made the faintest contact with the eggs as the cracks sealed up leaving the baby dragonets with the changing crystals. "Quickly, you will return the Pantalan eggs back while I handle the Pyrrhian eggs." He hissed under his breath.

She quickly grabbed about twenty eggs as she hurried away, knowing the morning was almost on her. Mosquito quickened her pace as she buried each egg in their proper spots until one egg remained in her talons. "You will help me destroy Pantala won't you?" She murmured to the egg as she buried it. She seemed a little regretful as she shook it off, walking away. Don't worry little dragonet, we will destroy Pantala together, and then create something new. She glanced over her shoulder with guilt as she flew off into the sunrise, heading home.