Chapter 2

She landed at the entrance to the Academy with Snakeroot. "Welcome to Jade Mountain Academy! My name's Fatespeaker." A voice called. Ivy looked over seeing the NightWing approach her. "My name's Ivy and this is Snakeroot." She greeted me. "Lovely to meet you both! Here are your maps and welcome scrolls." Fatespeaker would nod in return, handing them a map and scroll. She followed Fatespeaker into the school, gazing in awe about the other dragons she saw.

There were clusters of all the Pyrrhian tribes, some were flying among the Great Hall, while others were socializing with their tribemates. "Ah ha! Here you both are! First hall, fourth room down here." She pointed in the direction of the cave. "Thank you dearly Fatespeaker." Snakeroot remarked, quietly making his way down the hall with Ivy. Ivy looked behind her briefly before pressing on, keeping her head low. "Oh my gosh, I didn't see you there!" A voice called out, quickly dodging the two. She ducked her head down quickly, narrowly avoiding the dragons talons.

"I didn't expect to be living with two LeafWings in my winglet!" The dragon continued. Snakeroot is the only actual LeafWing, I don't know what I truly am. Ivy thought to herself. "Sorry about earlier, my name's Melon." The RainWing would continue. "I'm Snakeroot and this is my friend Ivy." He greeted warmly. Ah yes, there you are young Ivy. A voice rang through her mind. What? Who are you? What do you want of me? She thought as a reply, hoping this strange dragon might leave her thoughts.

Oh don't fret! I'm a lot like you! The stranger said. What? What do you mean "A lot like me?" She continued. I'm not a tribrid, hybrid, or purebred, I'm a mix of five tribes and you are all them no doubt? Ivy processed that for a moment, shock in her mind. Y-Yes, I am and who are you? She asked. Name's Blackmoon, listen I want you to come find me in the Academy shortly. He replied.

She sighed as the thought conversation stopped, hoping this was her chance to meet someone exactly like her. She scuffed the gemstone into her bag and started for the hall. "Ivy! Where are you going?" Melon called to her. "Just going for a walk." She called back. She quickly hurried down the tunnel, almost not bothering to pay attention as she ran into another dragon. "I am so sorry!" She cried. "Oh, heh, it's fine I wasn't paying attention either." The dragon replied. She glanced around at the dragon.

"Sorry about it, my name's Hourglass." He murmured to Ivy. "My names Ivy." She replied. She hesitated to continue her conversation with Hourglass, worried she might spill her secret. He shuffled his talons in embarrassment. "So where are you off to?" He asked, his wings shifted closer to his sides. "I— I'd rather not talk about that." She stiffened. Hourglass nodded, seeming implaused by her response. "I-I have to go." Ivy hurried away from Hourglass, which startled him. Did I make her feel uncomfortable? No, I should find her later. He thought, heading back towards his cave.

Ivy hurried down the hall, hoping to find the dragon named Blackmoon. How do I know if I found this dragon? She wondered. As soon as she entered the Great Hall once again, she immediately saw Snakeroot. His dark green scales were as obvious as a Dragonbite viper in an open pit of sand. She heard his laughter and frowned, has he forgotten that I'm here? Snakeroot was socializing with one of her clawmates who she remembered being Limestone. A SandWing who belongs to Queen Roadrunner, the newest SandWing queen.

Hearing the wingbeats from above, she gazed upwards. A dragon with the shape wings of a NightWing, and the colors of a SilkWing hovered above her. Is that who I'm-? No that can't be, the dragon is a hybrid. As soon as the dragon saw her, it landed only to leave her in horror.

The dragon had to have been the size of the infamous Darkstalker. A large NightWing with flecks of color and what looked to be SilkWing scales. "Who are you?" The dragon would growl. His wings were still open, as if he wanted to kill her in a blow. She squared her shoulders, keeping her head high, no matter how large he was, she was not going to back off. "My name is Ivy, and just who might you be?" Her voice sounded brave but truthfully, she was scared. She was uncertain that he would let her live or not.

"Deathclaw!" A voice howled. Ivy glanced behind her, seeing a NightWing hurrying to the dragon named Deathclaw. "Well, if it isn't my little brother Blackmoon." He sneered. So that's Blackmoon! But, why is he named that? "Leave Ivy alone, she is mine." Blackmoon snarled with hatred towards his brother. Deathclaw raised his head in defiance towards his brother. "Fine." He'd growl, flying out of the Academy.

"Your Blackmoon?" She murmured. He nodded as his wings settled onto his sides. "You'll have to excuse my brother, he can be a little rude to the dragons of Pantala." He responded, his talons shifting where he sat. "But, you look pure NightWing, how can you be five tribes?" She asked, her pulse racing. "Come with me and I'll show you." He rose to his talons and swooped off. "H-Hey! Wait for me!" She dove after him, feeling the wind hitting her scales with warmth.

"Isn't your brother the same?" She shouted over the roaring wind. "No, he didn't have anything I did!" He shouted in return. She dove into the rainforest, landing neatly next to Blackmoon. He sighed heftily, feeling an urge to shout, he held back. His body changed within the sunlight. Ivy gasped in shock, jumping back. "So I'm not the only one with more tribes." He muttered. "But how is it possible?" She'd question. "I don't know, it might have something to do with where our eggs were laid at- I have no idea." He grunted.

"So you're a RainWing, NightWing, SkyWing, HiveWing and IceWing? All as one dragon?" She stated with surprise. "It's more complicated than it looks, because IceWings have frostbreath and SkyWings have fire, the fire comes out of my wrists, like a SilkWing's silk." He explained. Ivy nodded softly, her talons anxiously scratching the ground. "But how does it work for someone like me? I mean I know that with leafspeak it also takes the mind to help but—" "That I wouldn't know, you'd have to find someone with your number of tribes." Blackmoon interrupted solemnly.

Wingbeats were above the two as they looked up. "Mosquito?" Ivy called. The HiveWing landed next to the two, nodding her head. "Well, what do we have here?" Mosquito sneered. "You two know each other?" Blackmoon would question. "Mosquito is Wasp's great-great-great-great granddaughter, right now it's Queen Overcast, this is her daughter." Ivy growled. "I didn't think there'd be a love interest happening." Mosquito taunted. "Your just as bad as Wasp! If your tribe hadn't of demanded both LeafWings and SilkWing's queen to step down the Tree Wars wouldn't have happened!" Ivy spat.

Blackmoon quickly stood up and separated the two of them, feeling the anger was more than enough. "Come on Ivy, let's go." He growled. Ivy huffed and flew away after Blackmoon, shooting Mosquito one last glare. Mosquito wanted to follow the two and huffed, going into the opposite direction. "Is she going home?" He asked. "I hope so, the HiveWing has no common sense." She hissed. As her wings pumped, the wind settled down into what she hoped was a rest for the time being as the flight was smoother now.

"I didn't think you and Mosquito hated each other, I heard of LeafWings befriend their former HiveWing enemies." He commented. "She was trained by Queen Overcast, before being confronted by Sundew and Belladonna." Was her only reply. "I see, so not all LeafWings befriended enemies?" "Exactly my point." She responded. Her pouch rattled furiously as she looked at it. "Did you smuggle a dragonet in there?" He laughed. "No, it might be the crystal in it's case however." Ivy responded, opening the pouch.

She winced in pain when the crystal gave a bright flash of light. "Ouch!" She hissed erratically. He looked over his shoulder, seeing she was in a heap of pain. "Three moons, what happened!? Ivy are you alright?" He gasped, resting talons on her shoulder. "I'm fine Blackmoon, just the light hitting my eye." She lied, rubbing her eye with her talons. "We should get you into the infirmary, just in case." Blackmoon nodded. Ivy leaned against him as he helped her into the infirmary as dragons around them watched the two leave the Great Hall.