Inheritance

No. 4, Privet Drive
Sunday June 9

THIRD POV:
It had been a week since the incident at the library. Harry hasn't gone back to the library yet because of school and his chores.

His day seems to be going oddly well. No shouting, no berating, and no beatings. But he has a feeling that something bad is going to happen soon.

4:56 pm
"PeEt, DuDEy iM hOMe" a drunk Vernon yelled from the doorway. He makes his way into the living room, bumping into things on the way.

Petunia and Dudley were out to a birthday party.

Vernon noticed it was quiet except for the sounds of the dishes and running water. "BOy CoME 'ERE" Bellowed the fat whale.

The running water stopped, and footsteps can be heard going towards the living area. "Ye-yes uncle V-Vernon?", 'This is bad! He's drunk!' He thought."coMe clOseR BoY" taking off his belt. Harry didn't move. "BOY I SAID COME CLOSER!" Vernon dashed towards him.

Before Harry could react he was already held up by his left arm. "N-no ple-pleas no" he was frozen, unable to move.

Vernon ripped off Harry's shirt and hit him with his belt repeatedly.

Harry let out a short and painful scream, "AAAGH, N-NO PLEAS S-STOP!" He begged.

Vernon stopped and let go of his arm. Harry fell on the floor, 'is it over?'. "NoW tHat No ne hEr To sTop me, Its time to Beat tHat frEakIsHnesS ou' yOU!" Then stamped Harry in the chest. And repeatedly attacked him with his belt, foot and bare hands.

Vernon stopped and dragged him to the dark and dirty basement, with only moonlight coming out of the tiny window. Then Vernon continued to beat him. Harry had stopped screaming because of the main in his chest.

~One hour later~

It had been an hour and Vernon stopped beating him. He walked out the basement and locked the door, leaving Harry in the pool of his own blood.

The basement was dark, cold and damp. He was laying there on the cold concrete floor, trying to breathe. He saw light coming from the corner of the room, but he couldn't move.

He was able to shift and get a glimpse of a glowing book. Then an intense pain surged through his body, then blacked out.

~5 hours later~
11:02 pm

Harry's POV:
I woke up in the basement. Laying on the floor, facing the ceiling. I was laying on something wet and cold, then realized it was blood, 'Must be my blood'.

I slowly sat up since my body was still very sore from the beating. Then i noticed two feathers, one black the other white 'where did those come from?'. Then i realized.

'I HAVE WINGS?!' My eyes widened, trying to comprehend what I'm seeing.
I sat there for a minute, then saw what looked to be a book in the dark. As my eyes adjusted i noticed it was the same book from the library.

I tried to stand up but was unable to. I crawled towards the book. It started to glow as i got closer.

I got close enough to open it. Before i was able to touch the cover, it opened and flipped to a random blank page. Then some words started to show.

The page read:
Name:
Harry James Potter
Father:
James Charlus Potter
Unknown (blood adopted)
Mother:
Lily Luna Potter nee Evans

Core & magyk:
Unknown

The rest were unknown. Then i heard a tap on the window and a soft hoot. I was able to stand up this time. I made my way to the window, then opened it.

Waiting outside was an black feathered owl with some of its feathers being... Gold? It had a letter in its mouth.

It dropped the letter then flew away.

The letter read:

Dear Heir Potter,

It has come to our attention that you have had your creature inheritance. We would advise you to come to Gringotts immediately to conduct an inheritance test.

And to also speak with your account manager to talk about your heir and lordships.

This letter also serves as a portkey,
The key is 'gold'.

Signed,
King Ragnuk

'heir potter? Creature inheritance?? Gringotts???' So many questions flew in my mind.

'But to get answers i need to go here.. I can't go out looking like this!' I was wearing blue and bloody pajamas with no top. The wounds seemed to heal. But i need clothes, 'i have clothes in the cupboard.'.

I slowly went up the stairs to the basement door. I tried turning the handle but it was locked. 'Hmmm.. maybe if just...' i held the knob and concentrated on opening the door.

'click', 'It worked!'. I opened the door slowly and the house was quiet and dark.

I slowly and quietly made my way to the cupboard. I opened the lock then looked for some proper clothes. 'I should wear some proper clothes, the letter looked formal'.

I got dressed then made my way back into the basement. I walked to the book avoiding the puddle of blood. I picked it up then held the letter in my hand. 'Hmmm... How does this work... Uhh... Ah ha! Welp here goes nothing ' i closed my eyes then said "gold".

882 words
Hii
I'm trying to post everyday, but can't since i have a lot of projects and performance tasks. We also had exams today and another one tomorrow. But I'll try to post 1 or 2 chapters a day.

Btw I'm not good at English, so please forgive my grammar.
Well have a good day/night!