Sorting Ceremony

Hogwarts, Scotland

Harry's POV: (I'm tired with the 3rd pov)

We were now waiting outside the great hall. I was looking around looking for a certain auburn haired girl. 'I almost forgot about her. I just hope she's here.'
Someone then bumped into me.

"Oh sorry" the voice was familiar "Harry?". I looked towards them. "E-Eleanor. H-hi." I akwardly waved. She just stared at me with a calculative look.
Then frowned "Hey Harry" she said coldly.

My heart ached at her tone. "He-hey Im sorr-" I was then cut off because someone yelled. Suddenly two arguing ghosts went through a wall. They didn't notice us, well maybe they were ignoring us.

"You don't understand! I felt the castle come back to life!" One of them yelled. "That is impossible! The heirs have been lost for centuries!" The other said. They continued arguing before Professor McGonagall shooed them away.

She opened the door of the great hall letting us in.

The inside was stunning. There were four tables filled with students. To the far left was Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, then Slytherin.

Professor McGonagall placed a stool in front of the teachers table, and put an... Dirty hat? Suddenly the hat split open in the center and started to sing. After a few minutes it stopped.

Professor McGonagall opened a long scroll and called "Abbott, Hannah!" A pinked faced girl with blonde hair put in pigtails walked over to the stool. McGonagall raised the hat and put it at Abbotts head after she sat down.

There where a few moments of silence before the hat shouted "Hufflepuff!". The yellow house erupted in cheers. I wasn't really listening much, the only names I listened to was Tracey and Daphne. After a while of calling the names in alphabetical order, It finally arrived at P.

"Potter, Hadrian" McGonagall called. The hall went completely silent and soon after the hall broke into whispers. "Potter? As in the Harry Potter?" "I thought his name was Harry". I strutted my way to the stool and sat down. McGonagall put the hat on my head.

'The Heir of Hogwarts. It's been awhile since an heir has come. The last one turned out to become the dark lord.' A voice in my head said. And I panicked a bit 'Calm down my lord.'. I calmed down 'Uhm hi?. Uh what's your name?'. The hat chuckled in my head before saying 'My names Julius, I was created by Godric to sort his problems before being used as the one to sort children to their respective houses. And you have quite an interesting mind my Lord'.

I then panicked again thinking that he might tell the headmaster about it. 'Calm down. I was charmed to not tell what was going on in each of all of yours mind, though some minds are a bit... Concerning, especially your's.' He said then I relaxed again.

"Now this is a bit tricky, hoho" the hat said out loud "Where to put you? Hmmm.". 'You are brave, also very loyal, and have quite the thirst for knowledge, as well as cunning and very very ambitious. Yes... Very tricky.'. Many minutes has passed before the hat made up his mind.

"You best be... RAVENCLAW.". My robes changed to match the house's color. The hall was so silent, that you could hear a pin drop. Then Draco started to clap, then Blaise, soon the entire Ravenclaw table and Hufflepuffs, the Slytherins were clapping slowly, and the Gryffindors. They looked very shocked.

I smirked and strode towards my table. I sat next to a tall boy with cinnamon brown hair, and chestnut brown eyes. I turned to him and held out my hand, "Hello my names Hadrian Potter, heir to the most ancient and noble house of Potter" I smiled at him. I stared at me, mouth open and eyes wide. He fixed his composure before hesitantly taking my hand "My names Terry Boot. N-Nice to meet you Potter.". I smiled at him, and he seemed to blush.

I then took my hand back. I looked around the table and noticed almost everyone was looking at me. And some were looking at Boot with jealousy. I just ignored them and focused back on the sorting. "Malfoy, Draco!" Draco then strode up to the hat with his nose up looking all high and mighty. I just roled my eyes at his childishness.

"SLYTHERIN." The hat yelled just inches above his head, the table in green applauded politely. He then smirked and strode to his table taking a seat between heir Crabbe and heir Goyle.

My mind then wondered off somewhere. Not minding what was happening around me. The sorting ended with Blaise being sort into Slytherin.

The headmaster then stood up and said "Welcome to another year at Hogwarts. I hope you all had an amazing summer. Meet our new DADA teacher professor  Quirinus Quirrell." A man with a purple turban stood up and greeted the entire hall, I saw a flash of red in his eyes.

"And a reminder to please note that the Dark forest is forbidden to all students, and the third floor corridor is strictly off limits unless you want an early death. " The headmaster added.

Well that was surprising, a school supposedly a safe haven for magical learning has an area off limits unless someone wanted an early death. "Before we begin our banquet, I would like to say a few words. And here they are: Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment!" He said.

The tables were soon filled with different dishes.

963 words
I'm going to post only to parts every Friday. I keep rereading the chapters in case I forgot something or other stuff...