Chapter Five

I wasn't surprise to find out that the topic of the day is about me and Will kissing, and about the fight that broke out between Will and Carlton shortly after. Nobody thought it made sense for Carlton to push Will into the water, now there's all types of theories about me and Carlton. Like ew. Never. So everybody's trying to fit all the puzzles pieces together not knowing that all the pieces aren't there. Because Trevor's not going to come out and say he's got Carlton to do his dirty work.

Will is the man of the hour, he's all anybody can talk about right now. Mostly because he stands out from the rest, even with just him wearing his cap halfway on his head and slanted. He's different, unpredictable, and they want to see what he does next. And I guess I'm the woman of the hour, I can't escape the curious glances and hushed conversation that seems to follow me. Can't wait to see how long they drag this situation out, and wonder how much more complicate my high school life is about to become.

But Will's life is going to become way more complicated if he keeps up this weird beef he has with Carlton, beefing with somebody you live with is crazy. Like he just got here not even a week ago, so how can they have this much tension between them already. It has to be some type of old tension that hasn't gotten resolved yet, I would ask Will but I don't want to pry too much into his personal life. I did just meet the boy over the weekend.

When the bell rings I slide out my seat and start to head to the door but I didn't even take a step away from my desk before my space is evaded by Trevor. I knew it was only a matter of time before he tries to talk to me about Will, though he's doing this a lot later than I had expected him to. After the assembly, Will, Kennedy, and Alanna walked me to my class and we stood outside in the hallway with me until the warning bell rung.

Trevor has been staring me down since first period to now, and he's not even doing it in an inconspicuous way either.

"We need to talk." Trevor states. "We could have had this conversation earlier if you didn't block me on everything and make your social media accounts private."

I press my lips together for a couple seconds before saying, "And yet you didn't catch the hint that I don't want to talk to you."

When I try to walk around him, he just sidesteps me and blocks me again. "I know you're just entertaining that new kid to make me jealous." I couldn't stop the scoff from escaping past my lips. "You can be mad at me all you want but did you really have to show up to Connor's party with him glued to your side, basically claiming you in front of all our friends. Now I got everybody talking about how I got my girl taken by the new kid."

"His name is Will." I inform him. "And let me make this clear. I'm not your girl, and I don't plan on being your girl again. I tried to keep things cordial but you make it hard to even want to be in the same vicinity as you. And lastly, what I do with Will or anybody for that matter, isn't your concern. Just know that it is not you." He nods his head. "Are we done with this conversation?"

"Yup." Trevor moves to the side and I walk past him. "But since you're so close to the new kid, maybe you should remind him that embarrassing me in front of everyone has consequences." I pause momentarily. "He might want to watch his back."

I pull my bag higher up on my shoulder as I walk out the classroom, but leaning against the wall beside the door is Will. "Halle Berry!"

"How did you find my class?" I question confused. "I don't remember telling you."

"You didn't." He confirms, he holds up a folder sheet of paper and says, "But when you have friends as friendly as yours who just gives out your information there no need to ask you. You take a lot of AP classes, no wonder why we don't have any classes together. You probably take AP lunch."