Chapter Six

"Halle, I hate to involve you in this but we're just trying to get to the bottom of this." Vivian says, her demeanor and voice much calmer than when she was talking with Carlton and Will.

The same goes for Phillip, the man who almost made two Judges cry during one of his cases. He's a man on a mission for answers, and he's going to get them by any means necessary. "We just need to know what you know so that we know how to handle the situation."

I just knew I would be dragged into either by Carlton or by Will, but I dragged in for the both of them. To defend Carlton character while trying to defend Will from the accusations that he had drugs at school. I knew next to nothing about this; I do know that if Trevor or Connor had a hand in this then Carlton definitely knew about it. And I don't think Will would use drugs, especially like a dumbass and have them at school, but I did just meet him. He could have gotten them during the time we weren't together.

It wouldn't be hard to sell that Trevor did it, he did just recently leave a subtle threat on Will for "humiliating" him. Then literally the next day this happens, I'm not one to believe in coincidence. It wouldn't be far fetched to say it was Connor, he did just serve Will a restraining order which makes no sense since if they have the same class does that mean Will have to sit outside the class or something?

I wasn't trying to defend one and get the other in trouble so I said, "I think somebody's setting Will up. If they did a random bag and locker search, it would be more believable but because the security guard came right over to us and ask to check Will's bag. It seems like somebody had told security about the drugs because they knew he would have them. So, maybe you should ask the security guard for the name of the person who told them or maybe ask the school to see the camera."

"That's a reasonable approach." Vivian smiles. "Much better than what I had planned to do."

"Thank you, Halle." Phillip nods his head. "We'll take Will to school in the morning and have a chat with the Principal, if there's any truth to Will being set up, I'll definitely get to the bottom of it."

Things could have been a lot worst for Will, he could have gotten expelled for having drugs but instead he'll just be sitting in detention. But regardless of him basically receiving a slap on his wrist, I also wouldn't have want to sit in detention for something I didn't do. It's crazier that Carlton, most likely, knows who doing this Will but won't speak up because of this one-sided beef he has with Will.

Leaving the house, I didn't even make it down the porch stairs when the door creaks open behind me. "Hey." Carlton closes the door behind him. "How it go in there? I know how my parents can get."

"I didn't get you in trouble if that's what you're really asking." I inform him, I could see the relief coming off him. "But I also wasn't going to just let Will take the fall for something he didn't do."

"What did you tell them?"

"I gave you enough time to make sure your name isn't attached to this situation." I continue to walk down the porch stairs and make my way towards my car. "Your parents are coming to the school tomorrow to find out what happened."

Leaving the Banks' house, I quickly head home because this has taken up too much of my time. I'm suppose to be dressed and ready for my bi-weekly check-in/dinner with Dad. He loves these dinners and I use to as well, but after like 4 dinners I stop loving them, liking them, I barely even want to come to these. But I do for him. I only really see him at these dinners, I might see him in passing but I see him the longest at these dinners.

Though it's a dress code at the restaurants he picks, every dinner my outfit becomes simpler and simpler, but not enough to be turned away at the door. I let my locs down for the night, deciding on a black maxi dress. Dad had picked me up straight from work, but he had made an effort to shed the corporate aura with a sleek suit and a loosened tie. He had got us a corner booth at my favorite restaurant, well, what he thinks is my favorite but it's really Chloe's.