Chapter Eight

"Okay, so. . ." I squint at the basketball game playing on the screen, trying to understand the rules and plays. "That was a foul, right?"

"Not quite." Will chuckles, I can feel the vibrations of his laugh against my back. We're still sitting on the floor, his back against the couch while I sit between his legs, my back against his chest. He rests his chin on my shoulder as he wraps his arms around my waist, folding his hands together on my stomach. "It was a good attempt, though. Foul happens when there's an illegal physical contact."

"What about that move?" I lean back into his embrace, my eyes trained on the game as if I really knew what was even happening on the screen. Should have paid more attention to the game when Chloe and Dad use to watch it's together. "It's a slam dunk?"

"Almost. That's a layup. Dunks are a bit more. . . Flashy." Will informs, he smothers his face into my neck as he moves his arms to wrap around me completely, squeezing me tight against him. "You smells so good!"

"Thank you for the 5th time

"Thank you for the 5th time." I laugh as he inhales deeply, somewhat dramatically. "Stop it! I'm trying to learn! You're distracting me!"

Will suddenly flips us around, and before I knew it, I'm laying on my back looking up at Will as he hovers over me. "Then let me distract you all the way."

He shifts around until he's resting his forearms on either side of my head, he rest some of his body weight on me when he leans down. It wasn't enough weight to ruin the moment, but enough that an odd thrill rush through me. Whatever was happening on the screen, learning these rules, trying to remember if a touchdown was for basketball or football didn't matter anymore when he captures my lips with a tender kiss. My eyelids fluttered closed when one of his hands curled around the nape of my neck, bringing me closer, deepening the kiss.

The move was sweet and the kiss would look completely innocent from with the hand on the back of my neck, it felt anything but sweet and innocent. My arms went around his neck, pulling him even closer to me, putting more of his weight on top of me. My legs part and he fits perfectly between them, I could feel that familiar pain in my lungs the longer this kissed last. But neither of us made an attempt to end it; the kiss felt like being drawn to a flame. He was flame, and I, the willing moth.

Will breaks the kiss first, resting all his weight against me as he smothers his face in the nook of my neck, breathing heavily. I laugh, equally as breathless. "You're a horrible teacher."

Will chuckles, his warm breath on my neck sending shivers down your spine. "Maybe I'm just saving the best lessons for later."

Since Will's basketball game, our relationship has clearly envolved in the most obvious way, that it would almost comedic if nobody noticed. From subtle flirting to heart-stopping kisses. What more, Will has developed this habit of making sure he's always touching me when we're together. Whether it's holding hands, his arms around my shoulder, playing in my hair, or just little random moments where he taps my hand as if it's his own personal drum set, and then stops like he just do that.