Part 17

I woke up with the sun shinning in I checked the time and it was 9. I had to be at the track in a hour. I crawled out of bed and went and took a quick shower to get ready for the day. I put on some ripped jeans and a white crop top on.

I grabbed my things and headed out the door to Kate room where I knocked on it and she answered dressed. "you ready?" she ask. I nod and we walk to her parents room and knocked.

Melissa answered the door and they were dressed and ready to go "you excited y/n its kind of your home race but not really" Micheal ask as we get in the elevator "very but starting in 10th is going to be a problem" I laugh as the door opened and we walked out to the car "youll be alright I know it" Melissa smiles.

-

I walk in the garage and see max who smiled once he saw me. "good morning" "good morning max" I say and set my things down on the counter. "what we doing?"I ask "well at the moment we were waiting for you to arrive. then apparently Christian has an announcement and then we have to train a little and then the driver parade and then depends on how they feel a ice bath and then the race" he says "I wonder what kind of announcement" I say max just shrugs "and food are we going to eat?" I laugh "you know we will" he laughs my stomach growls "because im hungry" I laugh.

after a little bit of waiting and talking Christian grabs our attention.

"excuse me?" he yells. we all look at him "so I would like to announce something that has been in the making for a little bit now but wasnt sure if it was actually going to be set in stone until today but I would like to announce that we are welcoming a beautiful new strategist to the team. Kate" he says and gestures to her and she smiles the garage erupted in applause and hollering. max nudged me and smiled as we clapped for Kate "we are very excited for her to learn and grow with us here and I know she's bringing a lot to the team I mean she here anyways Miswell put her to use" he laughs at the last part joking.

Kate and christian hug and then she hugs her dad and Melissa as they look proud at her.

"so did you talk to lando yesterday?" max ask I shake my head no. "what why?" " I went to see him and he wasnt in the garage apparently after we crashed yesterday he was mad at himself and no one knows where he went" I say "well Ive seen him this morning he looks sad im going to try and talk to him and see if he says anything" "thanks max" I smile as I walk over to Kate and hug her he was behind me and hugged Kate next he whispers something to her "well thanks Maxie" she laughs.

-

I was sitting in my suit with it around my waist. I had ice pack around me and I was sitting on the counter and eating my food

it was hot out and we had a hour left until the race. i looked at my phone and I still havent seen or heard from lando.

they were about to start the driver parade and I sat in the garage and waited.

-

it was time. I took off the ice packs and I zipped up my suit.

"hey y/n" max says. and walks up to me as I was fixing my shoes. "whats up max" I smile "lando seems down and out of it. its not like him" max says. which bothered me. I mean he did stop talking to me and just kind of dipped. "thats weird but im sure it's just him focusing" I say. he nods "good luck by the way" he says before walking over to his car.

I look at Melissa and Micheal as they look at me happily. "good luck" Melissa says. "dinner on me again if you get p1" Micheal says and fist bumps me. I smile as I pull my hood on tucking all of my hair in and tucking it in my suit.

I stepped into my car and sat down getting situated. Kate smiled at me and handed me my helmet. I pulled it on and they connected my water and then handed me by steering wheel after making sure I was strapped in and okay.

they pushed me out and I headed to my spot in p10.

we did a formation lap and then I took my spot once again in p10. the lights came on one by one

then all went out as we sped off.

-

we were a couple of laps in as I gained some spots and I was now in p4 with lando trailing close behind me after fighting many times over the spot.

"landos 2 seconds behind you l/n careful we dont want a repeat of what happened" "yea I know ive got it" I say still trying to hold him off. "fuck fuck fuck" I say "what whats wrong?" "somethings not right" I say feeling that something was wrong with the car.

lando was trailing right behind me. I was coming up to the turn. lando was on the outside trying to get in front of me. I tried to break but I didnt stop. "FUCK!" I yell as I push lando over the side of the track into the gravel as we collided. I felt the front side of my car hit his. my car didnt stop. it spun and then my vision went black.

I opened my eyes and I was stuck. the car was heating up and I knew I needed to get out immediately.

I felt weak
My vision was getting blurry and I felt stuff running down my head and lip

There was a sharp pain in my torso I look down and my seatbelt was dug into me and a piece of the car had cut my suit and dug into me.
I touched my stomach and saw a little bit of blood

"help!" I yelled knowing no one could even probably hear me. I couldnt move much I was stuck

when someone came up beside me "HEY!" I look up and see lando I couldnt breathe. I pulled my helmet off and looked at him he looked into my eyes and his immediately went wide "y/n" he whispers "lando please help me" I say he took my helmet from me
"The seat belt is digging into me" I say he reached down and unbuckled it slowly "ow" I hissed in pain
He looked at the piece  that was dug into me. "I don't want to hurt you" he says "itll be okay" I say softly
He moved it out of the way just enough to help me out.
He reached down and helped me stand up.

He helped me step out and held onto my waist as the ambulance pulled up. I limped as we walked away from the car.

the car blew up into flames. lando and I stopped and turned around at the noise. then we turned to each other. he grabbed onto my tighter

the ambulance doors opened and I got in leaving lando standing outside of the doors. my vision was blurry I seen lando hop in the ambulance as I lost consciousness again.

------

I really hope you guys dont hate this chapter....