that one Ferrari driver

Olivia stood in the garage on a Friday morning. It was free practice day, the day she would finally race as an actual f1 driver. She was daydreaming, thinking about how cool it would be to win her first race and make not only the team proud but her whole family and even Max.

"Olivia"

"HEY OLIVIA" 

she looks over. she didn't hear her name being called until then but it was only her brother who was smiling at her.

"thought we lost you there" He teased.

Olivia rolled her eyes. all Max did now was tease her and how he's going to beat her in all the races even though she knew he was just joking, it made her get competitive. she didn't want to make rivals with her own brother but it might just end up being that one day. Max was still teasing her but she had drifted off into another day dream. she was lifting the world Championship trophy. Max had caught onto this as she was now smiling really big.

"God Olivia you are really over the moon being in the best team aren't you?"

"How can I not be Max, this is going to get me a big chance to get close to winning something big".

she smiled at Max who was now laughing. her smile dropped he obviously didn't believe she would Get that far and he definitely knew she wouldn't win that damn world Championship because he was apparently the best on the grid and he was going to win it again this year and definitely next year too because thats all he thought about when racing was just to win.

"You wont win that next year you wont be able to catch up to me next year. plus you are a rookie don't think you'll be winning a race any time soon"

"don't underestimate me Max."

She tried to sound threatening but it didn't work he laughed and walked away to put on his helmet and set out for FP1, she sighed. Maybe he was right maybe she wasn't going to get anywhere with him there. thats when she thought about it, take him out and then he wont be a problem to her. 

"watch out Max". she whispered to herself.

she put on her helmet. she then got into the cockpit of the car. she wasn't going to let Max get to her. she was going to take him out so he wasn't a problem.

"radio check Olivia" her team said though the radio.

"loud and clear"  

"do good out there and we wont have a problem"

"understood".

she didn't listen to it though she knew what she had to do. she saw Max take off down the pit lane.

"okay you can go now Olivia"

she pulled out and down the pit lane after Max. she was on an out lap so she wasn't going to do anything quiet yet. maybe she wasn't going to do anything, maybe wait to qualifying. she smiled thinking about all these thoughts. people cheered for her and she heard it through the radio when her engineer came through the radio.

"Don't do too much remember that this is only practice"

she hated the fact, he was reminding her what session she was doing like no shit Sherlock that this was practice. she finally went onto her flying lap. people cheered for her as she rounded the corners, her first lap wasn't perfect but nothing can be when you are a rookie. 

"Ferrari in the wall, turn 8 be careful" Her engineer came through the radio.

she wondered what driver spun out in practice. she slowly went around turn 8 having to abort the flying lap she was on. she looked at the car. she couldn't see the number but it was super bad.

"Is he okay?" she asked into the radio.

she hoped that whoever was in the car was okay. the car didn't look fine, seems like they went around the corner to fast slamming into the wall and sliding across the track to the other wall. she stopped her car right where the Ferrari was. she unclipped her belt. she wasn't going to stay on track and see this car out here like this. the driver wasn't moving, she climbed out of the car. walking over to the car. she tapped him. no movement. she unclipped the belts and unclipped his helmet. 

"please tell me your okay" she whispered.

she slid off his helmet revealing his face. it was Carlos Sainz. he opened his eyes to see someone holding his helmet.

"need help getting out?" she asked

"you're the new driver" 

"yeah thats me Olivia Verstappen, uh it seems like you are fine but I just wanted to make sure"

he nodded and thanked her. she stood there making sure he was okay.

after a while she was back in her team garage. Max came out off his drivers room and walked up to her.

"Stay away from those Ferrari drivers, we don't like them okay?"

Olivia looked at Max like he was joking. she didnt understand the whole point in why she couldn't for the love of god talk to the Ferrari drivers, she helped one today after he crashed.

"you're joking right, just because they are good on track doesn't mean we cant be friends."

"dont help them okay. they are perfectly fine with helping their own drivers"

"Max he didnt get out of his car straight away, when I took off his helmet thats when he suddenly woke up , what happens if that car was on fire, do you expect me to drive and watch someone lose their life slowly in a crash"

He was getting mad, how dare she think that way, he was trying to give her a reason not to talk to them.

"exactly"

"so you would do the same if I was in a burning car"

"well I mean ill be too busy driving to even know so yeah probably"

She got upset and started crying, she saw the true colours of her brother telling her, he wouldn't save her if she was dying in a car while it was on fire. she stood up and ran out crying, she couldn't stand Max right now, that wasn't fair at all.

"Olivia wait" 

it was too late she was already gone. she had ran out of the garage.