Chapter 2 - The Demon Negotiator

The Dancing Star

Chapter 2

12ThirtyPain03

WARNING: This story is rated M for mature-rated content. If some acts of violence, blood, or anything easily triggering make you uncomfortable, please leave and do not read. Any change to a character, when introduced, killed, changed into a demon/human, or more will be labeled in the chapter of occurrence. If a character has died in a chapter, that chapter will give a cause of death to that character.

...

Kamado House (Whilst Kie is pregnant with Tanjirou)

...

The life of a new family was always an exciting time for any person. The sounds of wedding bells signify a pact between two individuals, or individuals which was brought on by love until death. For many individuals, what followed afterward was pretty well known.

Children.

What usually followed adulthood were children. The passageway for a family, what was next for a couple.

For Tanjurou and Kie, that seemed to have been the case for them, and that should've been the case.

At this point, Tanjurou and Kie had their respective jobs. They were simple coal burners. A simple job, but it worked for their current standings.

Tanjurou himself was a proficient coal burner, and he was making a decent amount of money for them. He would take the trek down the mountain they lived on to the nearest village.

It was a tedious task, but it worked for him. He had been given this household by his ancestors, and his wife, Kie, would live in it.

It was currently, that Kie was unable to do much, for she was pregnant with their first child. The exciting venture for Tanjurou was ultimately one of a typical life, but also one of a new phase in life.

And that was the plan for him.

To live out his life with his family, and his newly found child that was developing itself in his wife's womb.

By all means, his and his wife's lives were meant to be simple.

And perhaps in an alternative universe, that might have been the case.

Otherwise, he could have been smiling, and excited.

He would have been able to go down to the village, to genuinely smile and talk openly to the villagers down the hill.

Alas, it seemed that a simple incident was all it took for Tanjurou's life to flash before his entire life.

Tanjurou was a strong individual. He was mostly healthy.

The only health risk he had was his lungs blackening, due to the constant burning of coal he performed. But other than that, he was healthy.

He was able to perform a dance that was also passed alongside his ancestors quite a while ago. It was a dance he had shown Kie one time when the two were in their teenage years. When Kie saw the movement and dance, Tanjurou knew his close friend at the time, had fallen in love with him.

Tanjurou chuckled internally at the memories. They were rather fond memories, reminiscent of when times were simpler for him. When times were happier.

So, what was the incident that caused their lives to switch drastically?

Well, it was one individual who was all it took to ruin his life.

And not just his life, but his wife, Kie Kamado.