Chapter 13 - Awakening

The Dancing Star

Chapter 13

12Thirtypain03

WARNING: This story is rated M for mature-rated content. If some acts of violence, blood, or anything easily triggering make you uncomfortable, please leave and do not read. Any change to a character, when introduced, killed, changed into a demon/human, or more will be labeled in the chapter of occurrence. If a character has died in a chapter, that chapter will give a cause of death to that character.

Urokodaki's House (Tanjirou's POV)

It took exactly two weeks.

It was what Urokodaki had told Tanjirou, and estimated how long it would take for Tanjirou to successfully perform the twelve moves.

All twelve forms of the Hinokami Kagura, which both the book and what Urokodaki noticed were sword strikes, were finally performed by Tanjirou.

Over the course, he stopped performing the Hinokami Kagura, in favor of performing it during his sword skills. While Tanjirou felt a bit insecure, worrying that the Fire God would punish him for degrading a dance to a mere fighting style, that would ultimately harm others, demons or not, Urokodaki made the same argument to Tanjirou, unbeknownst to him that Makomo had told Tanjirou the same thing.

"Wouldn't this be Hinokami's way of protecting you and your sister?" The voice of both Makomo and Urokodaki told Tanjirou as he continued to ponder.

All the while he returned to the physical strength training regimen since Urokodaki noticed that despite the training, Tanjirou's physical strength was limited to even that of demons.

And for a while Tanjirou was confused, specifically asking if he was physically weaker compared to demons.

That was when Tanjirou realized. Even if he was eating human food, it did little to help give Tanjirou physical strength. It seemed that the only way for Tanjirou to gain proper demonic strength was to consume flesh.

Whether it be a demon... or a human...

Tanjirou knew that eating human flesh was a no-go, and thus he had to put up with it, and thus feel like a human when training. The only thing that seemed demonic for Tanjirou in a physical sense, was his regeneration. Whether it be limb regeneration or stamina regeneration.

All the while Tanjirou continued, and got up, he finally made his way to practice performing all twelve forms he did.

He gave for once, a content sigh, as he felt accomplished. More so than for a very long time.

All this time, the Hinokami Kagura was the answer to his struggles.

And yet... It also inadvertently caused some problems for Tanjirou, in learning the proper breathing techniques.

"I must say, you progressed extraordinarily well." The sound of a girl caused Tanjirou to turn and see the figure of Makomo.

"I guess." Tanjirou sighed before he looked up. The nighttime sky was something Tanjirou was beginning to enjoy and get used to.

He used to miss the daytime, but now he's grown accustomed to it. Maybe in the future, when he turns back into a human, he could bathe in the sun once again.

"Your breathing style looks as elegant and powerful as your dance." Makomo complimented Tanjirou's dance.

And this caused the burgundy-haired boy to refrain from his frown and turn it into a more neutral expression. "Thanks. I worked very hard to perform it."