Chapter 8 - Debriefing

The Dancing Star

Chapter 8

12Thirtypain03

WARNING: This story is rated M for mature-rated content. If some acts of violence, blood, or anything easily triggering make you uncomfortable, please leave and do not read. Any change to a character, when introduced, killed, changed into a demon/human, or more will be labeled in the chapter of occurrence. If a character has died in a chapter, that chapter will give a cause of death to that character.

Urokodaki's House

It was something that caused Giyu to stare at Tanjirou for a bit. And this made Tanjirou terrified.

"Did I do something wrong?" Tanjirou asked as he was observing and smelling the shocked faces of Giyu.

"No, you didn't..." Giyu explained, "We are familiar that there are humans who can eat demons... But a demon eating other demons, that's almost cannibalistic." Giyu added.

Tanjirou looked onward, "I don't know, I had this voice telling me to eat the demons..." Tanjirou explained.

At this, both Urokodaki and Giyu looked intrigued by what Tanjirou was getting at.

"Perhaps you can tell us what was going on. This could be crucial information for us to understand what happens to people whenever they are transformed into demons." Giyu asked Tanjirou.

Tanjirou sighed, "Well the main thing that I think I would say is that we forget our memories."

"That isn't unexpected with the transformation." Giyu theorized, clearly not surprised by what Tanjirou was telling him.

Tanjirou thought. "Well... When I woke up, I woke up in my mindscape. There was a weird atmosphere when I saw me."

"You saw yourself?" Urokodaki asked.

Tanjirou nodded, "I don't remember what happened, but from what I heard someone tell me, it was the eat the other version of me."

"Did you see any differences between you and the person you saw in your mind?" Giyu asked.

"Yeah, he saw slit eyes and large claws. Not to mention the marks on his face extended further down his face. I was told to eat him, so I did. And the next thing I knew, I woke up in the mountain with you trying to kill me." Tanjirou explained.

"So, it seems you still have some retrograde amnesia?" Giyu asked.

"Probably. I try to remember everything, but sometimes I just can't." Tanjirou revealed.

"Well, the fact that you seemingly can consume and eat other demons is intriguing to me," Giyu explained. "It's not against the demon corps, since our goal is to slay dangerous demons. If you can defeat them, then that is rather helpful."

"So it's fine if I eat demons?" Tanjirou asked.

"I guess, but we would have to find out what will happen if you continue to eat demons. Especially stronger ones. We don't know what'll happen. It's merely too early to tell." Urokodaki paused, clearly a bit cautious when revealing this to Tanjirou.

"I see... So should I try and eat more demons?" Tanjirou asked.

"If it prevents you from eating humans, then sure." Giyu shrugged. "I'm not caring until you start to hurt and kill humans."

"Got it." Tanjirou nodded.

"Also, about your breathing technique..." Giyu started.

"That? I already told you, I learned it to help me dance for an extraordinarily long time." Tanjirou revealed.