Chapter 7 - Climbing The Mountain

The Dancing Star

Chapter 7

12Thirtypain03

WARNING: This story is rated M for mature-rated content. If some acts of violence, blood, or anything easily triggering make you uncomfortable, please leave and do not read. Any change to a character, when introduced, killed, changed into a demon/human, or more will be labeled in the chapter of occurrence. If a character has died in a chapter, that chapter will give a cause of death to that character.

Nezuko's POV

When Nezuko woke up from her weird dream. She had no idea nor recollection of what she was, where she was, and who she was.

When she saw the figures of what appeared to be food, Nezuko desperately tried to feast on the food that was placed right there.

She was so hungry, so desperate to eat it... Almost as if something foreign was yearning for it.

All the while, that was what appeared to be on a white surface, of falling white particles.

She would have eaten that food. All that red liquid and delicious pale meat, until another person tried to stop her.

He was restraining her, trying to get her away from the food.

At first, Nezuko was angered and thought that this individual was taking her away so that he could eat the food on his own.

However, that was when she noticed he was burying the body in the ground.

Just why was he doing that?

Nezuko was full of questions. Nezuko didn't even know her name. All she knew was that she was a being, and that she had her preferences, foods, and fears. All are purely innate. It was like she lost her entire learning experience, after the process.

All she could do was remain still once she no longer could sense the food near her. She was now a still being.

The only thing she knew about that entire ordeal was her name.

The boy, who seemed to look a bit like her, called her Nezuko.

"Is that my name?" Nezuko thought, clearly asking the question, but eventually getting the answer once the boy continued to call her that.

The other boy seemed to have a strange sharp object, that she recognized as dangerous, perhaps innate.

Therefore, when she saw this boy who was calling her the same name, Nezuko, repeatedly, trying to protect her, she had the urge to protect this person.

Just who was this person? She was confused.

However, even despite this, she felt a gnawing side of her trying to protect him.

She didn't know why, but considering a part of her was telling her to protect him, she did that. Perhaps it was her morals and sense of justice, she placed herself between the man with the blade, and the boy who was calling her Nezuko.

Eventually, and before she knew it, she was blocked out...

The next thing she knew, she was going down with the very same individual who was calling her Nezuko.

Once again, she was unsure how to process everything. Perhaps she was slow at pacing everything around, she wasn't sure.

All she knew now, was that the boy's name was Tanjirou, she was sent to live with an older man named Urokodaki, and that her name was Nezuko.