Six / The Night That We First Met

Act One, Chapter Six

1.4k words
slight cw // drinking

"Do you think you're ready to start meeting new music people?" Jack asks Mikah, who is currently laying on the floor of the studio. "Like, other than me?"

Mikah laughs, "I guess." She shrugs, "I haven't told anybody I'm even working with you, so it might be weird when I'm like, Oh my god, I just met [insert famous person here], you know?"

"I don't think it would be weird, I mean, people know you're trying to get into music, so,"

"That's truuuue," Mikah groans, sitting up, "I promise I'm not usually like this, it's just one of those weeks."

Jack chuckles, "Don't worry, half of the people I work for treat me like a secondary therapist, I'm used to it. But seriously, you can come to me about anything, even if it's just that you're in desperate need of a new friend." Mikah let's out a breathy laugh, her best friends were supposed to move in with her, but they couldn't find an affordable place for all of them, so now she's stuck with her brother.

Jack clears his throat, "Sorry if this is a weird question, but I feel inclined to ask: is everything like, okay, at home?"

"Yeah, yeah,. I'm fine. Living with my brother is just hard sometimes."

"Okay, just..let me know if you need anything."

***

It's nearly 2 AM, Taylor's sprawled out on the couch, glass of wine in hand, her friends sitting on the floor around the coffee table.

"I need to be kissed, like right now, or I think I might implode."

"That seems like a fairly easy thing for a girl like you to do," Selena quips, taking a sip of her drink, "Didn't some guy try to ask you out with a friendship bracelet?"

"Yeah, like a football player or something," Abbie adds on,

"Travis Kelce," Taylor shrugs, "It was a cute gesture I guess, but I dunno, I just really wasn't in the right spot when it happened."

"And he has a mustache!" Blake chimes in, "Massive red flag, if you ask me." The room erupts in laughter, all of them taking a drink to that. All of them equally drunk,

"It's only a red flag if they're capable of the full beard and yet still choice the 'stache," Selena says, leaning against the arm of the couch,

"No, exactly!" Taylor says, taking yet another mouthful of wine, "M'gonna be so fucked up in the morning, my god."

"Don't worry girl, we'll all be fucked up together." Abbie grumbles, "I'd go and get us water but I think I'm glued to your floor."

Taylor laughs, "I am very much glued to this couch. I think I'm just gonna camp out here tonight, you guys are welcome to join me or take one of the bedrooms, I don't really care." Blake immediately stands up, running to find blankets and pillows,